how much should i pay.used bikes? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

how much should i pay.used bikes?

what is a good price for a used bike? i have been riding my brothers sv650 for bout a year now and want to get somthing of my own.i rode a honda f4i for about 2 months now since iv been back home from college.im looking into geting a gixxer 600 or 750.what is a decent price for me to pay ofr these bikes.im thinkin in the range of the 02-03 range.iv looked in cycle trader for my area and alot of the peopel seling are askin kinda high IMO.especially the 1ks (not planing on gettin one just noticed the prices)i think iv seen a couple 750's in the 7g range and a couple 6's in the 6 range.is this a good price or should i look for a 750 in the low 6 range and a 600 in the high 5g range?when is a good time to buy also.im not looking to buy now b/c its summer and alot of peopel are trying to get one.im thinkin of waiting till jan 05 so another year has past and bikes have depreciated a lil more.is this smart or wil it not matter if i wait till then or try to get one sooner?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 07:11 PM

Last year I bought my '99 F4(found it in cycle trader) for $5,000. He was asking $5500 for it, but I haggled him down. This bike was in great condition, except for a ding here and there. It only had 6000 miles on it, and I haven't had a problem with it since I've had it, which has been about a year and a half.

A good 600cc bike around the '99-'01 range, expect to see a lot of bikes within the $4500-$5500 range, give or take a few hundred IMHO.

--There is a wrong way to eat a Reese's, and I will find it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 06:55 AM

.... nadaguides.com
.... kbb.com
... the kelly bluebook tends to be a bit high in my view

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 06:55 AM

... do not forget to factor in insurance costs !
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode