Man I almost lost it! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Angry Man I almost lost it!

So I'm sitting in the left hand lane at a light, all the way to the left by the paint. I had the bike in first, and I was watching my mirrors as usual, and I see some asshole start creeping up on me. I didn't know that the light just turned green because I was engrossed in watching this man in his truck flying up on me. Next thing I know, he punches the gas and flies rght by me in the SAME lane that I'm in! No exaggeration, this guy was no more than a foot from my side. So I flew up to the next light and came up beside him and started cussing at him and was pointing at my eyes screaming at him. My visor was down, so he probably didn't hear me, but I had an urge to put the kickstand down, walk over to his truck and start cussing at him some more. I think I scared him because I took off when he passed me and when I was yelling at him, he didn't even look at me.

I swear...people are complete morons. Either he didn't see me, or he thought. Hey, I am in a big truck and this guy is on his bike so he MUST want to race so I'll just fly by him. People are f*ckin' stupid. I had to stop at a gas station and calm myself down after this one.

--There is a wrong way to eat a Reese's, and I will find it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 09:13 AM

That the reason I carry an additude adjuster with me when I ride... They get home and wonder how BOTH there tail lights got broken
But then again... I'm an evil A$$HOLE

I'll Sleep when I'm Dead....

Spread the love. Literally.

My hoes are motivated and my teeth are gold plated

Friends help you move...
Real friends help you move bodies!

“Next time I want to borrow your balls, I’LL ASK!!!!”
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 09:48 AM

Send a message via AIM to ga_skyline_rydr Send a message via Yahoo to ga_skyline_rydr
Quote:
Originally posted by Gottico
That the reason I carry an additude adjuster with me when I ride... They get home and wonder how BOTH there tail lights got broken
But then again... I'm an evil A$$HOLE
Naw, I just use my hands and feet for situations like that. That is when fully geared up.

Me Big Brother, me watching you

skylinerydr- where the ground meets the sky

Today is the day of the beginning of your life, ride safe

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 10:37 AM

But it's more fun (for me at least) to leave em' guessing...

I'll Sleep when I'm Dead....

Spread the love. Literally.

My hoes are motivated and my teeth are gold plated

Friends help you move...
Real friends help you move bodies!

“Next time I want to borrow your balls, I’LL ASK!!!!”
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 01:15 PM

Obviously I am getting older. Now something like that would have really shaken me & these days I would simply have taken it as part of life.

Still on Friday, at the gym, I had my peer of two yrs & rides a BMW 1000 talking to me on something like this of where a chap in his 60s & knowen to both of us was forced over to the the side of a city road on his brand new cruiser, to actually hit the curb, stop & off he went. So I just shook my head as that being part of life.

He pointed out I was getting old for in the past that is usually when I would boot in the soft panel of the door of cages & did it quite often. Man I had a temper, but as I pointed out NOW I am older.

Picked up this trick from a peer of mine in '49 when he did it to a car & from then on I realized how soft side panels of cages were & so carried on the tradition for many yrs. LOL
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
Obviously I am getting older.
What do you mean "am getting" older? Ha ha just messin' with ya.

I like your idea of kicking the door panels. I couldn't believe how well I handled myself(besides the screaming and cussing). Maybe I didn't do something stupid because I was in complete shock that the driver did something stupid like that.

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 11:36 AM
jab

Yeah That would have made me furious, and Smitty's idea is a good one. However heres a reality check for you. A couple of years ago I was riding on A1A in Boca Fl. on my way home to Delray. Out of knowhere this guy in a little old izuzu flies by me on the right and pushes me almost into oncoming traffic, and then gives me the finger. I wasnt going to fast, or slow, i dont know what his problem was. I get furious and give him the finger back. He then locks up his brakes and slides his truck sideways in front of me(causing an immidiate traffic situation) jumps out of his truck and charges at me( im am now at a stop about 15 feet behind his sideways truck) I immidiately drop the cluch and go straight at him as I didnt have time to even think of getting off my bike and defending myself. I hit him straight on and he dropped, how I didnt fall of the bike Ill never know, but it was one of those situation I cant believe I made it through, I ended up crossing the other lane and going up onto the sidewalk on the opposite side of the road, and am lucky I didnt get hit by a car. I then go to my friends house, as it was closer than mine and I was shaken up. I take my backpack off and their is a 6 inch slice in the side of the bag. It had to be a knife, although it all happend so quick I didnt even see it. This is 100% true story. the bottom line is people are crazy but before you react to their insanity you better be ready to face the consiquences.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 03:26 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by jab
Yeah That would have made me furious, and Smitty's idea is a good one. However heres a reality check for you. A couple of years ago I was riding on A1A in Boca Fl. on my way home to Delray. Out of knowhere this guy in a little old izuzu flies by me on the right and pushes me almost into oncoming traffic, and then gives me the finger. I wasnt going to fast, or slow, i dont know what his problem was. I get furious and give him the finger back. He then locks up his brakes and slides his truck sideways in front of me(causing an immidiate traffic situation) jumps out of his truck and charges at me( im am now at a stop about 15 feet behind his sideways truck) I immidiately drop the cluch and go straight at him as I didnt have time to even think of getting off my bike and defending myself. I hit him straight on and he dropped, how I didnt fall of the bike Ill never know, but it was one of those situation I cant believe I made it through, I ended up crossing the other lane and going up onto the sidewalk on the opposite side of the road, and am lucky I didnt get hit by a car. I then go to my friends house, as it was closer than mine and I was shaken up. I take my backpack off and their is a 6 inch slice in the side of the bag. It had to be a knife, although it all happend so quick I didnt even see it. This is 100% true story. the bottom line is people are crazy but before you react to their insanity you better be ready to face the consiquences.
OMFG! If that is a true story like you said, I would have wondered what the hell the guy's problem was also. You ddn't see a knife at all? If he was holding it with the blade pointing down, you probably didn't want to f*ck with him anyways, but that's funny as hell that you charged him!!! LMFAO!!

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-03-2004, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by jab
I love the fact that you charged. That is the funniest thing I have heard of in a while. Glad you weren't hurt.
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 07-04-2004, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by ga_skyline_rydr
Naw, I just use my hands and feet for situations like that. That is when fully geared up.
No doubt, kevlar-knuckled gloves can punch through just about anything, not to mention what a good pair of GP boots can do to a body panel!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode