i stubed my toe! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 05:08 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to Chris Sedition Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Sedition
i stubed my toe!

erf. i dragged a toe today for the first time on a turn. it was scary.

-chr|s sedition

LISTEN TO SLAYER
AIM: chR1s sedition
Yahoo: CSedition

2003 R1 (black / red / hell-fire)

"All black, no bling"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 06:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
Put the balls of your feet on the pegs like they`re supposed to be and it won`t happen

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 07:38 PM

As I put put around 42 yrs in dirt comp., I was always amazed at how those on street irons had their toes pointing down to the ground. On a dirt iron that would be a broken foot in no time.

As wantanaprilia says get the balls of your feet up on the footrests.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 02:00 PM

It was natural for me to put the balls of my feet on the footpeg, that's the way I've always ridden from the get-go. Lucky me.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 03:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
I did the same thing. Drug my toe until someone told me i was riding wrong. Problem solved.(although i did feel awesome when i did it )

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 06:44 PM

Just curious,

Is it better to be on the up on the balls of your feet or to have your right foot set to be able to use your rear brake. I can't do both at the same time.

I prefer to ride curves on the balls of my feet, but if I need to use the rear break I have to shift my weight to set my foot to use the brake.

Now I know that I should set my speed before entering the corner but I suppose the rear brake should be ready in case I need it.

Last edited by ddreg; 06-27-2004 at 10:05 AM.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ddreg
Just curious,

Is it better to be on the up on the balls of your feet or to have your right foot set to be able to use your rear brake. I can't do both at the same time.

I prefer to ride curves on the balls of my feet, but if I need to use the rear break I have to shift my weight to set my foot to use the brake.

Now I know that I should set my speed before entering the corner but I suppose the rear brake should be ready in case I need it.
You don't want to use the brakes at all on a turn unless you SEVERLY misjudged your speed, if it's a tight turn brake before going into the turn and then slightly crack the throttle to get the weight transfered to the rear tire and the weight off your forks.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 04:48 PM

No matter what one should be at home in applying the rear brake. That could mean making adjustments in its position & such.

It could come down to best of stopping power like RIGHT NOW & so both front & rear brakes need to be used. To many get the feel of the front brakes & claim that is all they use. Still not enough when it comes to the differences between a few feet of stopping while using both front & rear rather then just the front. The lost few feet could be one hitting a cage which could end up badly damaging one's bike &/or self.

Yes studies have been done to prove this a fact & even the use of engine compression to help in stopping is STILL not enough.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 06:51 PM

I use the rear brake often but not when I turn. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the front brake is what you want to use if you go into a turn too hot. Since one will also be picking what gear they will use before entering a turn, part of my routine for entering a turn is moving both my feet into position so my bodyweight is on the balls of my feet and squeezed onto the pegs as best I can.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-27-2004, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Wally
I use the rear brake often but not when I turn. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think the front brake is what you want to use if you go into a turn too hot. Since one will also be picking what gear they will use before entering a turn, part of my routine for entering a turn is moving both my feet into position so my bodyweight is on the balls of my feet and squeezed onto the pegs as best I can.
You're going to want to distribute braking between both, you don't want to hit the front brakes too hard because you'll have some huge fork dive, and you don't want to hit the rear brakes because it's pretty damn easy to lock it up... go easy on them both and you'll slow down a bit better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode