Most embarassing fall - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 05:24 AM Thread Starter

Most embarassing fall

so far i havent had one, lets hear your most embarassing fall...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 05:25 AM

Schadenfreude is not nice.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 05:28 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Ichiro
Schadenfreude is not nice.
i just wanna hear some funny stories, i dont get pleasure from others injuries.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 12:12 PM

Most will admit their own accident rather then asking others to tell their tales of woe.

Some will not even admit to having dropped their bike. It is sort of personal & asking others what they do in their bedrooms is -------well a bit out of line.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 01:12 PM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
Picking up my first bike... rode it down the drive way and got off to push, then realized it was easier if I was sitting on it. Went to throw my leg over it, but not being used to how high to lift my leg, I just kicked it right over. Keep in mind this is on a pretty narrow street infront of the guys house I just bought it from. Needless to say I learned wether or not I could pick my bike up real quick.

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 04:43 PM

Pick one of two.

My first crash - I was pulling out or into a Taco Bell parking lot in front of my fellow classmates. I hit some gravel and it caused a slide. Down I went.

One of the others - I was pulling into my driveway and suddenly I was lying next to my bike. Again, gravel. My neighbor asked if I was alright, I was still laughing.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-24-2004, 07:12 AM

I can't believe it actually took a second to remember this one....

My first track day on the sv650 race bike I bought this year

Steering damper limits bar rotation lock to lock to maybe half of the stock amount. Fine at speed but at slow speeds you can run out of steering input real easy.

Pull into the pits and try to do a quick 90 degree turn at my pit..... at maybe 8 mph.........

You can see whats coming right.........

Full leathers, just had my knee on the ground at 100+ mph, at least 20 people within 50 feet to see it, bad ass racer wanna be....dumps on pit row at walking speed............

All I could so was laugh histerically to cover my intense embarrassment.

Oh well
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 01:25 PM

Got my first bike and went out riding. Stopped to smoke a cigarette. Put the kickstand down and went to grab my cigarettes. Didn't notice that the road was on an angle. Bike fell right over, no damage (thank god...It is embarrassing enough to tell this one).

Second time was going to make a left at like 2 in the morning, waited for 2 cars to pass, went to go and at the last minute something caught my eye, a car was flyng down the street with no headlights. Needless to say, it was the bike or me. The bike went down and I stayed alive. Clutch lever and Shifter was all that was damaged. Not a scratch on it. But I realized that I can pick up a GSXR 600 when I'm mad enough (I weigh 107 pounds). Especially when I heard the old familiar police sirens.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 10:42 PM

I haven't gone down yet but I have been witness to a few friends going down. When in high school one of my friends thought it would be cool to show off in front of the cheerleading squad. Unfortunatly he didn't see the gravel and over he went. It's been quite a few years since that happened but I reminind him of it every once in a while.

About a week later the same guy was at the local gas station to get a six pack of pop. When he was heading out one of the high school teachers started to back out and knocked him over with his six pack which promptly exploded all over him.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-30-2004, 02:37 AM

Haven't dropped mine yet. When I do, I'm sure I'll be embarrassed as hell and tell you all about it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode