Honda CBR1000RR - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 04:22 AM Thread Starter

Honda CBR1000RR

What are everyone's opinions on the Honda 1000RR. Compared to the R1, GSX-R, etc. I haven't had the chance to see it up close and personal yet but supposed to be a bad ass.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 04:32 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
It seems like anymore if you are able to tell a difference in performance between the new literbikes then you should be racing professionally. Most normal riders will not see any difference as they will run out of skill well before the bike runs out of performance. It's pretty much a choice of which one hits your giggle button.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 05:16 AM

its honda, need i say more?
imho best bike out.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 12:23 PM

Bar the fact that they made it more like the rest such as more of an extreme lean foward riding position, hiked the can up unger the so called pillion saddle position & so the end of the best storage of any bike around that that size.

Having a 929 this is definately the best in such a size power plant bar the 954 & had I lost my 929 I would havea 954 as BOTH gave the most comfortable riding positon. Only now if I were to loose the 929 then I would have to look at other makes & models.

I am NOT a road racer any more & basically one that likes to honk on the hwys for 6 to 8 hrs each time.

As for what the 1000 is like compared to the 929 or 954 when it comes to the circuit it is very, very different to prior 929/954 bikes & definately tuned to the road racing circuit. Mind you this is from chaps on other boards that race the 1000 & raced 929, 954 or other makes before.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-23-2004, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by spicersh
It seems like anymore if you are able to tell a difference in performance between the new literbikes then you should be racing professionally. Most normal riders will not see any difference as they will run out of skill well before the bike runs out of performance. It's pretty much a choice of which one hits your giggle button.
Agreed.

It all about what color and style you like anymore. Just go for the one that matches your riding gear.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 12:15 AM

Ah-HEM...
Since I own one and my friend happens to own an R1 I can tell you this...
Regardless of the performance advantages of one bike over another in the new 1000's, you will go faster than a ZX-10R or 04 R1. The bike is so stable and compliant and rides bumps and such so well that it seems much slower but in reality allows you much more confidence in turns.
Straight line, stock, the RR will lag due to the extra weight but on www.1000RR.net with a few simple mods there are people running 9.5 in the 1/4.

I've had a few times riding where I've left my buddy on his R1 behind by accident and hes by far a better rider than me.
Having ridden it I would not consider owning any other liter bike cept an Agusta.

Its like comparing a punk rock teenage girl versus a well cultured beautiful woman.
Both fun to ride but the teenager is going to feel faster and be harder to control while the older woman will out perform and in many cases be faster.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-25-2004, 08:46 AM

Re: Honda CBR1000RR

I could tell you that it took 1st and 2nd place at the AMA Race. The GSXR-1000 took 3rd!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2004, 09:16 PM

Look at Daytona...
Yes, the Suzuki took first with a super risk that paid off (extra pit stop) but what bikes came in second and third? (2/3 1000RRs finished) Mladin won by 7.081 seconds with the 3rd place RR at something like 7.5 seconds.

Isle of Man TT staff used 1000RRs this year as their chase bikes.

The only reason to get any of the other big 4's bikes is because you love the "thrill" of them. The RR is a totally compliant machine.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2004, 11:40 PM

If you look at performance numbers the Honda lags behind the others. But I say they are all so close that you should just chose the one fits you best. sit on them see how they feel. chose which one blows your visual whistle.

I award extra points to Honda automatically because they always have outstanding build quality. But i award even more points to kawasaki , because of my brand loyalty...

When you go to look at the litre bikes dont be like "which one is fastest" they are all to fast for us :-D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode