Honda CBR 600 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 05:42 PM Thread Starter

Honda CBR 600

Hi, I am ready to move up to a 600. Anywhere from 1999 to 2002. My 1st choice is a R6, but I can't find any under $5000. 2nd choice is gixxer which I also can't find.

My 3rd choice would be the honda cbr. Either the F4 or F4i. I have found some good condition Honda's from around 4200 to 4900.

My question is, is the Honda a good bike?
I always hear on different forums that Hondas are heavy and boring.

I have no idea what they mean by boring, but I dont think they weigh that much more than a gixxer.

So should I get a Honda? By the way I am 5"6 if that helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 06:20 PM

Re: Honda CBR 600

Quote:
Originally posted by mofolife
Hi, I am ready to move up to a 600. Anywhere from 1999 to 2002. My 1st choice is a R6, but I can't find any under $5000. 2nd choice is gixxer which I also can't find.

My 3rd choice would be the honda cbr. Either the F4 or F4i. I have found some good condition Honda's from around 4200 to 4900.

I have no idea what they mean by boring, but I dont think they weigh that much more than a gixxer.

So should I get a Honda? By the way I am 5"6 if that helps.
I am just the man you need to talk to!

As many people have said on here before, gixxers are not very forgiving.(I wouldn't know though)

My first bike is the F4. I wanted an F4i, but got the F4 for mad cheap.

In my opinion, Hondas are great bikes! I don't know who told you that Hondas are boring, but it isn't true.(in my opinion anyways). I rode the a gixxer 600 before, but the Honda just felt a lot better to me. I think they make some great, reliable bikes and wouldn't be a bad bike for your first 600.

As for your height, I am only one inch taller than you and the bike fits me perfectly. LLLLLLLLLIKE A GLLLLLLOVE!

As for what you should do...buy whatever you want. Ask around, get some different opinions on here, but you ultimately have to make the final decision. Choose wisely because it's your money!

--There is a wrong way to eat a Reese's, and I will find it.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 07:15 PM

Re: Honda CBR 600

Quote:
Originally posted by mofolife

They mean boring because they always start. It's exciting to be 400 miles from home on a Suzuki and 3rd and 4th gear go out. It's also exciting to have Yamaha's fit and finish after a few years and figure out how many paper clips it will take to run the switch gear. .......Yeah my Honda is boring

The rapist is dead on BTW. The '99and '00 F4 is a really nice bike and it has nuts too. It (F4) would be my first choice among the other two

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 07:55 PM

Agree the only thing wrong with a Honda 600 or other bikes is that they are pretty trouble free. I guess that could be boring to some.

Still when you get down to it all four of the big Jpn makers have stayed very competitive in the sportbike range.

Though I have a Yamaha & a Honda I would not question if I had a Suzy or Kwacker for they would be very much alike in performance, handeling, stopping power, etc.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 08:57 PM

Boring. Yea. 26,000 miles after 3 years on my F4i, trackdays galore, 4 sets of tires, and watching all my friends switch to 750's or 1000's and still seeing my license plate pass by them in the corners. Boring. Oh yea!!!!!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 04:05 AM

One more thing I forgot to mention, and it may not be a big deal to you, but it was to me.

The 600 F4 is damn comfortable. The seat doesn't feel like it's going to cut off your legs after riding for 2 hours.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 04:41 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Quote:
Originally posted by Slip-On Rapist
One more thing I forgot to mention, and it may not be a big deal to you, but it was to me.

The 600 F4 is damn comfortable. The seat doesn't feel like it's going to cut off your legs after riding for 2 hours.
I'm glad Honda went back to the single seat for the '04 F4i, it is SO much more comfy than the dual seats. The F4 does have a very comfortable seat, it must have made it past the wood-ass at Honda who usually does seats.

Like the others, I can't say enough good about Hondas, and particularly the F4.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by spicersh
I'm glad Honda went back to the single seat for the '04 F4i, it is SO much more comfy than the dual seats. The F4 does have a very comfortable seat, it must have made it past the wood-ass at Honda who usually does seats.

Like the others, I can't say enough good about Hondas, and particularly the F4.
See that's the only thing that I don't like about my bike is the single seat. I don't like the way it looks compared to most of the dual seating bikes. But I'll trade looks for comfort any day(In moderation of course).

As for the people who sit on the seats... the dude has to have a fat ass or like you said "wood ass" because those things are anything buy comfortable. Two of my good buddies have 954's and those have to be the most uncomfortable seats I've ever sat on. I'd rather sit on a concrete seat. Hey, I'm a poet and don't know it!!!

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 05:02 AM

I've had both a 93 cbr 600 and a 97 900rr, and I can say without a doubt Hondas are excellent bikes. No problems at all, just put gas in the thing and ride.

In my opinion, most modern sport bikes for typical street riding are far from "boring." Anyone who professes otherwise is generally a spec sheet warrior who is more concerned with magazine shootouts than riding skills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode