Pocket / mini bikes - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Pocket / mini bikes

I seen a pocket bike (47cc, $399) and a mini bike (49cc, $449) at Autozone today and decided that I'm ready to buy 2 (for me and my domestic partner). I've checked ebay auctions and they all go for about $300 + $80 shipping. I can't find any web sites with them for under $1000, but I'd like to get a pair for that price.

Does anyone know if the bikes at Autozone are any good?

Where else can I buy a pair under $1000 (store or online)?

Thanks for any info, troops.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 07:32 AM

I have one its OK but nothing compared to a blata or polini. Just make sure to tighten everything regularly or shit will start falling off.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2004, 03:59 PM

Advance auto has an APC mini chooper.

I wouldn't buy all thought I doubt its made by APC. Just there name on it. I try to stay far far away from APC's stuff.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 08:00 AM
bob

I own one of each, a knock off I can't remember the name of, cost me $400 from e-bay, and a Blata Elite 13. No comparison. More $$ for the Blata, but you can race with the Blata. I've seen a few guys run the off-brands in races, but they always finish last (if they finish at all). My two cents. Polini or ZPF also make some nice ones.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

So do the off brands suck? I really want one that I can wheelie and drag a knee....just seems like tons of fun.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 03:11 PM

My first post.... hehe

neways back on topic. I own a knock off brank a bought from a local liquar store for $350 and the first tank or so it ran awsome. After that the back sprocket came loose when i was goin full throttle doin about 40 and the chain came and grabbed the rim and fraim and the back tire locked up. I wasnt expecting this so i went down. I was pissed because it was the manufacuteres fault. Neways i locktited that back in and took it for a couple for spins and the two screws holdin the exuast pipe fell off so i took the pipe and just threw it on the side of the road. Ever since then things have just been falling apart on me. It still runs 3 months later and is loud as hella without the pipe and everyone in the neighborhood knows me. idk how much longer itll run without any backpressure but i really dont care. Right know the front end has torn off, no rear or front breaks, no pipe, and no foot pegs. So if you wanna spend 400 buks and have funn for about 3 months then go ahead. If thats too much money for only a couple of months of play, go with a better brand.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 02:11 AM
bob

Well, for dragging knees and wheelies and general fun, it will be ok. Like the other guys said, parts will fall off and general quality is poor. If what you're looking for is just a knock around fun minibike, it will be ok. Don't know how long it will last under that kind of strain.

But, if you want a true pocketbike for racing, get a name brand. Then, the wheelies and knee dragging will be way more inspriring! Expect to pay about 1200-1500 for a basic air cooled model. They do hold up well, though, and acceleration and top speed are much better. The Blata Elite 13 is what I have, and I've never regretted spending the extra $$.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode