LA/ Santa Monica Area - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 11:11 AM Thread Starter
Dad

LA/ Santa Monica Area

Heading to LA/ Santa Monica area mid June. I will hang around a few days there at my sister's. May need tire source and would appreciate any recommendations on trustworthy shops, independant and/or Honda dealers in the area of Brentwood/Santa Monica. Planning on doing some canyon riding, too. I will make the obligatory stop at the Rock Store but wouldn't mind saying hello to some of the usual suspects from here and getting some other rides and/or hangin' out in the evening. Any suggestions? Hammer maybe? Anybody else?

I will likely go out 70 through Denver, to 15, through Vegas and on in to 10. Possibly divert to some other roads in Colorado, through four corners, then in 40 to Barstow but not sure. Anybody along the way want to roll a little that would be fine but I won't be lingering, just rolling. Not massive speeding but steady long days.

The return will probably be up through Salt Lake to Tetons/Yellowstone, a day there, then through the Black Hills and roll home. Post if you're along the way but again, little lingering, just making ground.

Thanks in advance.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-04-2004, 06:20 PM

Dam we are going to miss each other buy a few weeks I will be in CA around the the 4th of July. I'm flying out. IDK if I could do the trip on the R6 I know I could do one way I just don't know about coming back. But I have found a place out there that rents bikes so I think I may do that for one day. Hopefully I can meet up with some people and get some riding in.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 08:58 AM

I'm in Cali right now. I'll be here 'till tuesday, heading to Huntington Beach today 'cause the weather's beautiful! Too bad we missed eachother Dad, we could've had a few beers on the beach and eyed little girls w/ bad intent.

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Dad

Quote:
Originally posted by slaintedan
... we could've had a few beers on the beach and eyed little girls w/ bad intent.
Oh well....

I always thought it was good intent but my parole officer says I can't do that anymore.

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-05-2004, 12:20 PM

Dad doesnt need to eye-up any ladies he already has a steady woman!!! his BIKE!!!!
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Dad

Quote:
Originally posted by WVGIXXER750
Dad doesnt need to eye-up any ladies he already has a steady woman!!! his BIKE!!!!
Yeah! And it doesn't burp and fart in bed!

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 01:42 PM Thread Starter
Dad

BOT

Anybody in the area? I should arrive Tuesday and be there through the weekend at least. Anything going on?

I hear of Palomar and Angeles Crest. Any insights?

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dad
BOT

Anybody in the area? I should arrive Tuesday and be there through the weekend at least. Anything going on?

I hear of Palomar and Angeles Crest. Any insights?
Palomar is down in San Deeago..but worth thr trip if ya get there on a weekday, or Early on a weekend day...very senic(sp) but a Long ride....

Angeles Crest...imho..it's a so-so place..lots of leo's up there on the weekends..But, once ya get past the resturant, and head towards Wrigtwood...it's pretty nice...once again, a long ride, but not as long as Palomar. If your not planning on riding real hard, do the Crest(Angeles Crest). Oh, and watch out for the Tar Snakes..

And, I already told ya bout the Rock Store..so that's covered..

Dammit...Dan, how come ya didn't tell me you were in So. Cali..???

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 07:31 PM Thread Starter
Dad

Rock Store I've been. I can get there OK. The others, Palomar and Angeles Crest, any route numbers, towns, or landmarks? I don't mind a little ride if necessary.

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 08:52 PM

Dad you may want to go north on PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) From Santa monica. I don't know where it gets good but that supposed to be very nice. I'm still not sure when I get out there if I will rent a bike or not.

Hammer 4, I'm going to be in your neck of the wood, for at least a few days when I get out there for the 4th of july weekend.

Has anyone when to Cal sporbikes retail store? I may be in that area to just a short drive anway maybe an 45 min or so. Is it worth it to go there. Would be looking for some gear speceficaly. Do they have a wide selection right there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode