Dayton area - Quaker Steak - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Dayton area - Quaker Steak

I had put this in the regional area, but had hardly any "views". Once a week there's a gathering of motorcycles at the Quaker Steak and Lube in Beavercreek (near Dayton). I wonder if anyone has attended from here, and wondered if anyone would be interested who hasn't. It is a Wednesday thing. Last week there were about 200 bikes there, about half HD, but the rest were a very interesting mix of sports, tour, cruiser, and even saw a few enduros.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 06:17 PM Thread Starter

Well, I got more views in shorter time, but no replies yet. I took some pictures from the one I went to tonight. Very good turn out. I post some shot later when I have some time.

With all the sportsbikes I saw I find it hard to believe no one from here turned out there.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 06:22 PM

I know the harleys gather in erie PA on the weekends i think, at quaker steak. Ive only been there a few times when im passing through but DAMN those wings are good louisiana lickers all the way!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 06:37 PM

Is beavercreek anywhere by englewood. I go to englewood all the time to visit family and dayton is like 30secs away. If it's by there when I go down I'll have to stop by on bike night.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Ninja250F18
Is beavercreek anywhere by englewood. I go to englewood all the time to visit family and dayton is like 30secs away. If it's by there when I go down I'll have to stop by on bike night.
Just checked it out, and Englewood is northwest of Dayton and Beavercreek is Southeast of Dayton. The Quaker Steak is just off 675 near the Farifield Rd exit.

Here are a few pics from the event tonight
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscn1553.jpg (606.1 KB, 59 views)
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Another one -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscn1550.jpg (672.9 KB, 59 views)
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

And a Busa guy I was talking to -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscn1529.jpg (667.5 KB, 59 views)
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

And one more cool one to check out -
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dscn1534.jpg (680.8 KB, 54 views)
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 07:12 PM

Some of us do not like crowds of any type to even fellow m/cists.

If you were to follow my 5 to 6 hr runs you would see me riding by myself & when I decide to pull in & have a cuppa I will be the only m/cist there. Yes I have my spots being places I have picked out over the yrs ----places I feel at home with the owner or staff to even some of the locals I might chat with about water situations, possible a bit about f/arms, or m/cs though nothing deep.

As I do get out as much as possible the staff even know just about where I will sit & know it will be a cup of coffee & that is all.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 07:43 PM

Hey scanevalexec, I checked it out about 3 weeks ago, but have classes on Wed. night typically, ending with a final next wed.

I am not especially "fond" of the Quaker Stake and lube night, it is cool and all, but I get bored within 30 minutes, as most everyone goes in to drink (i'm 19 and not into drinking while riding) and the crowd that stays out isn't especially interesting to talk to.

The best time/place to just go and "hang out" is downtown across from newcoms (5th and pine) on Fri/Sat. nights between 10:00 and 1:00, the people and bikes are more quality, imo.

Perhaps I will make it out there this wed., my final should be over by 7 or so downton.

Hooters is similar but on Thu. nights, not quite as large, the one on Little York just off of 75, about 5 minutes from my house. Only been there once, probably will go tomorrow night.

Cheers

Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode