i dont reach - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

i dont reach

im 18 years old and im planing to buy a gsxr 600 but i hardly reach the floor. is it a good idea to lower the spring?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 06:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
Its not the best idea to buy a GSXR as a first bike, period. But if you insist, have a shop lower it for you. You want to lower it even in the back AND front, if you don`t want to send your handling to hell.

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 06:34 PM

Just out of curiosity, why is it not a good idea to buy a gsxr as a first bike?

--There is a wrong way to eat a Reese's, and I will find it.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 07:25 PM

most of the people say that in the incident of a mistake the gsx-r is a LOT less forgiving than other bikes and will multiply your mistake which everyone makes mistakes especially when there new so a bike that is a little more forging woudl be better
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 03:33 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by hydewildman
most of the people say that in the incident of a mistake the gsx-r is a LOT less forgiving than other bikes and will multiply your mistake which everyone makes mistakes especially when there new so a bike that is a little more forging woudl be better
A lot less forgiving? The only reason I ask is because I am honestly curious and I have never heard anyone say that before. A good buddy of mine had a gsxr 600 as his first bike and absolutely loved it, but mentioned nothing about the bike being unforgiving. He mostly said "wow, this som'b*tch is fast", or "wow, this som'bitch handles great" or "wow, I wish this som'bitch did my laundry!". Well, maybe not the last comment, but you get my drift. What was I talking about again?

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 03:57 AM
jab

Your friend probably didnt know the difference between a forgiving and unforgiving bike, and unforgiving doesnt mean it handles or rides poorly, but with that much power a small mistake can turn ugly real quick with the wrong input from the rider, which happens alot when your new and get yourself into a situation you havent dealt with before and react out of instict, which is usually wrong without any experience. In my opinion anyone who is so green that they refer to not being able to reach the (FLOOR)!!!! should definatlely not be on a gsx-r in any situation except in the showroom while daydreaming
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 04:06 AM

It's alright...I hate being short too, David. My problem is I can only get one foot flat on the ground, and the other one is on the ball... Wish I was a little bit taller, I wish I was a baller.... Ha ha ha

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

Honda rr

is not the first time i hear that the gsx-r is a unforgiving bike. i can only laid the tip of my shoe on the floor but i reach (lil). i also thinking about the honda rr and the f4. what do you guys think. i looking for a forgiving bike.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 12:39 PM

You need a "learner" bike & while I would like to suggest a 250cc I will also mention that there are two good 500cc vertical twins out there by Suzy & kwacker.

Next step would be the Suzy SV-650 or possibly the SV-650s THEN you can put your money down on a fast trotting 600.

I am not kidding for riding a m/c is not the easies thing especially when one must compete with the terrible cage drivers.

M/cing is like any sport & you know to get into a sport you start from the bottom & work your way up.

Besides if you buy the hot trotting 600cc then one or two yrs down the road what will you buy? Not another 600 you will say, so that means a 1000cc. Then one or two yrs after the 1000 what is next? Are you going to degrade yourself to a 1200cc Harley or Cruiser? You chaps are in such a freaking hurry to have the latest & what will you be ridng 10 to 15 yrs from now?

I am into my 58 yr of riding & have loved every year. My first bike was a 45SV twin with a sick engine so all over 12HP possibly rather then stock 25HP & the most drooling bike on the market in a few yrs was the 1000cc V-twin of Vincent with all of 50 hp. An interesting point is that in power to weight ratio, along with better suspension system & superior brakes a 500cc Vertical twin outdoes the Vincent of its time.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-03-2004, 09:34 AM

I'm 5'5". Very few bikes allow me to touch the ground with toes, never mind flat footed. For this reason, along with color (I don't want to be flashy...I like solid black) and comfort, I chose the Kawasaki ZZR-600 (formerly called ZX6E).
With me being light, this bike will do anything I want it to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode