Took the bike on a nice trip. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Took the bike on a nice trip.

Well if you all read my other post (Telling the Rents) I did just that. Of course they are about 500 miles from me. They live up in NY, I'm down in VA now. I left on Thuresday at about 6 am. I got into NY and hung out with my cusion for a few, around 4:30. Not bad. Had a bit of rain. I got about 52 MPG, on the way up and back. Finaly I relax enought and go up to the parents place. Went a lot better then I thought, Dad ask if it was a 1000 or 1300cc. When I told him it was a 600 he got a gave me a weird look, mom thought it was brand spaking new. Even after a 500 mile trip. I got to ride some great roads up by me that are so much more fun on the bike then I ever thought and I didn't even get to some of the better roads.
As the weekend progressed along I did some riding. Whats better I came back with FREE GEAR.

Dad and mom used to ride. now have 3 leather jackets, One pair of leather pants, and a full rain suite. All stuff that dad used to wear that he doesn't any more we are about the same size. Everthing is a bit older, the jackets have no armor but they appear to be really tought leather. The pants Are kind of thin, but I'm guessing offer just a bit more protection then Jeans.

All and all is was a great trip. I was not as unconftorable riding the bike as I thought I would be from what everyone else had said.

And now some pic's from where from the trip.
These are pretty much in the catskills.

The Stone Arch Bridge.
The start of 55 I think. Nickname Snake Road.

This pic, is up by the Villa Roma, Country Club.

This pic is up by Tennanah Lake. Exit route 17 at Roscoe and follow signs Its a fun road.

This is by the Neversink Reservoir.

Last edited by EdgeRanger; 05-24-2004 at 08:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 10:23 PM

Did I not tell you m/cing was in the family blood? So there is your proof & next time have a bit more trust in your parents.

Also now you have some more protective gear which is pretty neat. True not up to the latest, but far better then many others have.

By the way nice photos as well.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2004, 05:06 AM

Hey that is great that everything came out ok, I'm sure they expected it as well . Did your dad take it for a spin?

Grats on the awsome trip and great pictures. It looks like you had a good trip. Hopefully, many many more

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2004, 06:26 AM

That's a great story. Nice bike. Nice parents. You are lucky.

The memories you create on that bike may be the fondest you ever have. Be safe so you can enjoy them later (I'm assuming you are fairly new to riding and young).

500+ miles in a day (another assumption) on an R6, you have my respect. May wanna join the Iron Butt Association.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2004, 07:27 AM

nice pics looks like some very senic roads
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2004, 08:41 AM

Nice pics man, I wanted to join you when you were offerring up tours of the rte. 17 area but unfortunately I was graduating from college last weekend and a little tied up =>

I've ridden through 17 a few times and always wanted to jump off and follow some of those twisties I can see leading through the valley.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2004, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys I did enjoy the time up there. but I ran out of time to meet with anybody. I was shocked to say the least the way the parents reacted. Dad didn't take the bike for a ride, I offered to let him take it out. But he is not in good health so proalby for the better. Something complete new to him he may not be so sure on it as his bike.

Before this trip I log about 4k miles on the 6 just riding around, so yea I'm kind of new to the whole bike thing this is my first street bike. Have only been riding since March. got the bike with 8182 miles on it. before I left OD was at just above 12k.
Been on dirt bikes all my life.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2004, 10:15 PM

Nice trip!

You're just too new and too excited to notice the uncomfortable riding position yet... I'm only 23, and I start to have lower back pain from riding my R6 around town. My back would actually starts to hurt if I'm stuck in traffic going anything less than 60mph in straight line. I got stuck behind someone doing <30mph in a 35mph zone for about 5 miles a few days ago and I was about to fall off the bike because my back was killing me. I don't have this problem as long as I'm either going at a decent pace or if I'm cornering.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 07:38 AM

I do not want to change the subject that EdgeRanger has on this good trip, good parent's feelings, some good, used, gear, & some darn good photos.

Still AirKnight is SO right about the S-L-0-W bumper to bumper traffic speeds is when I begin to notice all the aches pains in my back, wrists, knees, etc. Basically I am away from these crawling paces & only last yr was I cought by some 20+ vehicles doing all of 30 to 35mph on a max 60mph road by, of all things, some old fart on his cruiser holding up the traffic, on two lane mtn road, for some 10 miles & the twit did not give a darn or even look back. I felt like getting off my bike, since he had pulled in at a view point, & give him a tongue lashing, but what the 'ell I was in so much agony from C-R-A-W-L-I-N-G & now realize what others are feeling in all their aches & pains. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode