600cc vs 1000cc insurance? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 05:43 AM Thread Starter

600cc vs 1000cc insurance?

Hey guys. I was just wandering from you guys experience about what is the average insurance differences between the 600cc sportbikes and the 1000cc bikes.

And do the insurances usually very per brand or just CC and sportbike in general.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 05:48 AM

Generally its going to vary by cc only, However thats just in one catorgtory, If you got a 1300 cc gold wing for 25k or what ever they go for now, Expect the insurace to be a lot more. 1000 cc's are going to be more just like a 4cyl car vs 8 cyl car.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 05:53 AM

I would agree except that when I was looking at bikes I know that my Honda 600RR was more for insurance than the Yamaha R6 I was looking at. So sometimes it can vary with the bike.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 06:02 AM Thread Starter

I guess, I will have to check, I will probably stay with 600's since they have more than enough power for me, but was worth asking anyway .

I'm at the same point as you bigblue 600RR or R6, decisions decisions.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 06:03 AM

I ended up going with the honda mostly because of financing. Yamaha was really tough on me and wanted a bunch down and more per month for the same loan price
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 06:05 AM Thread Starter

Well, I don't plan on making a purchase till next winter, due to wife and other debts that I want to get paid off before then. My other motorcycle should be paid of by winter, then I'll just have a house and car payment, so maybe I can save a little up for the purchase.

How are you liking the RR? I love the looks of them except for the tach gauge looks like one on the bike I had in the 80's. But still most likely the bike that I will get.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 06:09 AM

I love the RR. I have to agree that the biggest thing I didn't like was the gauges. I just seems so cheesy but the tach is easy to read so that is all that really matters. I like the seat on the yamaha better but am going to get a corbin seat anyway so won't really matter. As for everything else either bike is more than I will be able to get near it's potential for a while so that doesn't matter. It is real quick and honda is supposedly one of the most reliable brands so it all works out good for me.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 06:11 AM Thread Starter

Yes Honda has been insanely reliable for me, I'm 32, and my father brought me my first 50cc honda dirtbike at 4 lol. And I have been riding them ever since. I have owned 1 yamaha, which was also very reliable.

One thing I do like about the RR gauges is you get a fuel gauge. Hey also what color is the backlit after dark?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 06:13 AM

funny enough I don't know. I only have my permit (there is a one month wait for the safety course in cali) so I have not ridden after dark or on the highways. I will have to check that out some nite out in the garage. lol
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

ROFL run outside turn the key on and cover the gauges with hands

I must know lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode