where in the okanagan do you live?? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Question where in the okanagan do you live??

hey smitty where abouts in the okanagan do ya live i used to live in vernon and find it interesting that you live there.....i love to ride there it is way funner there then here in calgary.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 06:16 PM

cole I live in the town of Summerland which is just north of Penticton & natch south of Kelowna & Peachland.

Like you I love the mtn roads & have spent most of my life riding in them as I also lived in Edmonton, Calgary & Banff along with being in S'land since '63.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

i remember going through there a couple of times while going to penticton to play hockey and i know that there was a house shaped as a ball on the left hand side of the road wasnt it. I think there was a gas station with an A and W on the right hand side..that place is pretty small but i bet it would be a fun place to ride.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 02:56 PM

hey, im new to this board and dont have a bike because of parent reasons (eventhough Ive been interested forever) , but Id just thought Id comment because we have a place in Peachland and will be going up there may 25th. i live and florida and am 16 almost 17. small world.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 03:55 PM

The complete Okanagan Valley area is heavy with tourists come summertime, so with the only hwy being 97 & basically a two-lane with max speed of 90KPH--55mph, things become very, very slow with the addition of tourists be they in cages to massive RVs pulling an SUV that often on a twisty part of the mtn road one will OFTEN find they are crawling along at 30kph---15mph for all the rest of the traffic is there like 18 wheelers with lord knows what in them, logging rigs, low-bed trailers hauling big shovels or cats, B-Trains of finished lumber, chip trailers, Greyhound Buses, to the 3 ton trucks with normal products PLUS the locals in cages PLUS m/cists.

You are right Cole that was S'land you passed through though more to the west then what you saw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode