Single saddle to dual saddle - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 07:46 AM Thread Starter

Question Single saddle to dual saddle

I'm looking at buying a 1996 CBR600. I like the look of a dual saddle seat better than a single sadle. Is it possible to put dual saddles on it?

Thanks

Keith
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 07:47 AM

yup

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 07:51 AM

forgot the pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cbr.jpg (30.8 KB, 68 views)

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

ok i'm sorry, my post was not as i ment it to be. I would like a split saddle. Not a single saddle. If it's not possible to get a split saddle do tey sell seat cowls. Something to cover the rear portion of the seat? Also, for all yall CBR F3 owners. Is there a Gas gauge?

thanks

keith
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 08:00 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
I'm sure if you poke around enough you can find some sort of cowl. Try PM-ing 98cbr600-Solo from the Redline group.

I'm pretty sure there is no gas gague, our 2000 F4 didn't have one either.

Good luck!

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

how do you know when to fill up?
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 08:04 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Well, the way I always did it (even when I did have a fuel gague on my XX) was to fill up and zero the miles. Then go about 80-100 miles or so and fill up again, figuring up your mileage. Do this a number of times, and make sure you ride normally. This will give you an idea of your average mileage. Take this and multiply by your tank's capacity and there is your maximum range (our F4 was around 160-180). I would usually take 30-40 miles off of this as a safety factor though, and start looking to fill up around 130-140 miles.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 08:48 AM

kjg: Most m/cs have an on/off/reserve switch where the fuel comes out of the tank. Some of the later models have an idiot light telling when one is on reserve & time to fill up.

Like spicer I would fill up, set the trip meter to zero & ride to where the idiot light comes on, turn into the first station record the milage on the trip meter AND how much fuel one took in. Set the trip meter to zero again. After a while I would know when to pull in for fuel before the idiot light came on.

As I ride a Yamaha 600 & Honda 929 I have two stickies on the tacks reading 360 & 290 for the 600 & 929 respectifully, in Klicks since we use the metric system.

Still on either when I note my trip meter is reading 200 I will start looking for a fuel station IF I am on a hwy I am not familiar with, but one I know well & the stations then I do a quick calculation & realize just 20 or 30 Klicks ahead is one of the newer stations & so NEW storage pumps (which means cleaener petrol then old stations with rusty & leaking underground tanks) & yes I can make that easily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode