people have no respsect... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Angry people have no respsect...

So, I rode for a good 4-5 hours yesterday with nothing to drink, and had gotten a bit thirsty - decided to stop by wally world and go in for something to drink and an air conditioned place to sit, and the mcdonalds in the wally world worked out nice. Once I got in there I decided I might as well go ahead and grab some food, so - I stuck around in there, I even saw the people where were about to seriously piss me off, and thought nothing of it. I stay in there for probably 10 minutes, and as I'm walking out the front door, I can see my bike, with a grown woman standing next to it, and her little rugrat (7-8 I guess) sitting on it, that irritated the hell out of me to start with - what if he'd of made it fall over trying to get on it, or if it'd have fallen over period with him sitting on it - if it'd of landed on him I'd of been looking at a lawsuit, not to mention the damage it would do to him. But then, when I got closer (my eye's aren't so great), the kid has an ice cream cone in his hand, and the ice cream has melted allllll over both of his hands, and dripped EVERYWHERE, all over the seat, tank, even up on the speedometer (how I have no fucking clue), and there were ice cream handprints on both handlebars, everything was freaking sticky. I get right up to the bike (helmet in hand), and the lady looks right at me, and didn't say a word, didn't even move her kid. I was absolutely furious, but I'm trying my best to stop being mean to people, so all I said was "I have to leave", and she said "oh, sorry" and got her kid off my bike, and HANDED ME a DIRTY napkin (that was already covered in ice cream) and walked off. I had to go back into the store and buy some windex to clean the bike off satisfactorily before going anywhere. I would never let my child (when I have them) sit on someone elses vehicle that I didn't know and ask permission to do first, much less - with his little paws filthy and getting the other persons property dirty, and what burns me the most, is it was like my showing up inconvienced her by making her and her kid leave. I don't think I could have been more upset at that moment (unless I looked over and saw my girlfriend in the backseat of a car with another guy - then I'd of probably been the most pissed possible, and someone would've wound up dead) but I am glad that I was able to handle it the way I did, Coy's new good attitude 1, old bad attitude 2039482. Slowly fixing the old problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 12:16 PM
Some days are like this.

I think Jester had this problem last summer or the summer past, and he wasn't very nice about it, and quite frankly, I think you were too nice about it.

What I can't understand is why people can't make a differentiation between a convertible car and a motorcycle. Would you even think about putting your kid, dripping with ice cream, in the driver's seat of a new convertible car with the top down? Nuh uh, didn't think so, and to me, a motorcycle is no different.

I would have walked up and told her I was calling the police for attempted theft. After all, her kid was "trying it on for size". If she got pissed, tough. for letting your nasty little kid on my bike, now get your non-disciplining, boundryless ass into the store and get something to clean off my bike!

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
post #3 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 12:18 PM

Next time, follow the bitch home with a boiling pot of caramel and dump it all over their shitty vehicle.

Glad you could get it all cleaned up without too much of a problem.

post #4 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 12:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
I don't remember who said it, but when something like this happend to them they said... "where's your car", why, "I'm gonna sit in it and play with all the knobs and shit".

I would have went nuts on the woman, and not let her ass walk away without realizing she had done something wrong. It takes a LOT to make me mad, but this pisses me off to no end.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #5 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 12:33 PM

BRO, Well first congrats for not kill this chick and her little kid. To many people have no respect towards other people and there property. I personal would have gone off on her. I do think that you should have said something but shocked as hell that you didn't. I just want to know what in the hell goes through these peoples minds, are they that stupid.
post #6 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 01:44 PM

I have to admit that even I'm shocked at that kind of behavior, and I live in one of the most inconsiderate states in the USA. That's fucking unbelievable.

As I sit here, a thousand things to say to that lady are going through my head. I'm a genuinely nice person, but I'm also a huge smartass by nature. Spicerke is right...you don't see people putting their kids in others' cars...what's the difference? I honestly think I would have walked up and calmly taken the ice cream cone and tossed it to the ground. If that lady opened her mouth one millimeter I'd tell her to learn how to be a parent and let her dirty kid screw up her own vehicle.

Reading your post actually pisses me off.
post #7 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 01:51 PM Thread Starter

Well, I spent most of today giving the bike a thorough cleaning, and I'm very pissed off, it looks like there's scratches on the side fairings that weren't there before, I think they're from the kids shoes (like the little metal things you run your laces through) or something, cause there's no way it's from bugs, and it's never ever touched the pavement - and a couple of the scratches are pretty deep. I still am glad I handled the situation nicer than I would've back some time ago, I'd of been very hateful and probably hurt feelings, and I'm trying to get out of that, but - after reading some replies, I'm not sure if under-reacting isn't worse than over-reacting.
post #8 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 02:33 PM

Rugrat vandalism

CMD 954,

Congratulations on your successful test of self-restraint. You are a better person for it and certainly a much better person than that totally inconsiderate idiot of a lady.

Honestly, why in the hell do people think it's ok to sit-on, touch, handle, whatever, somebody's motorcycle while doing the same type of thing to a person's car would be unthinkable?!
post #9 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 02:36 PM

yes exactally....i have friends who think my bike is like a 4 wheeler or somthing....one time while i was letting my bike warm up one of my buds grabs the throttle and opens her up in Nuetral im like WTF is your problem just because you drive a peice of shit and my bike is worth more then your truck that doesnt give you the right to do that....i have jealous friends
post #10 of 53 (permalink) Old 05-04-2004, 02:41 PM

Too nice

i wont even tell ya what i would have did to the lady or the car... all i know is that you should have spoke up and quit bein so nice.. it gets ya no where in this world.. least that is what i have expericenced with most people..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode