post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

Arrow msf

One other poll for my eng. paper...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 04:00 PM
Resident Smart Ass!

Send a message via AIM to Jester Send a message via Yahoo to Jester
so you drop a hundred and some dollars on a weekend training session. That weekend is the most important weekend of your riding life!

Help control the squid population, have your squid spayed or neutered

"it's not the smart ass behavior that gets to me... it's the dumb ass behavior that is a problem..." -Quote from my Aunt.

Only motorcycle riders understand why dogs stick their head out of car windows.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 04:39 PM

Does not fit with some of us older rides. Please note that I legally started riding m/cs in '46 & from '47 till '89 was in all forms of m/c competition.

There is a sort of form of the MSF course in Cdn, I believe started up in '68 & they tried to get me in to donate my time & skills as an instructor, but I was a full-time farmer & my spare time was in practicing comp, competiting, simply riding, & using my m/cs on the farm so did not have the time so NO I have never taken the MSF, yet I do have a Class 6 m/c license here in B.C. Cdn.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 05:05 PM

I don't know if you want my vote or not, but I'm going to take the MSF as a way to get my license...so when I have my bike and am riding, I will have taken the MSF.

(tommorow I'm going to take my written test for my permit with my dad..wish me luck )
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 05:25 PM
Resident Smart Ass!

Quote:
Originally posted by Unas_the_Slayer
I don't know if you want my vote or not, but I'm going to take the MSF as a way to get my license...so when I have my bike and am riding, I will have taken the MSF.

(tommorow I'm going to take my written test for my permit with my dad..wish me luck )

Luck!

"it's not the smart ass behavior that gets to me... it's the dumb ass behavior that is a problem..." -Quote from my Aunt.

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-02-2004, 08:37 PM

Send a message via AIM to Chris Sedition Send a message via Yahoo to Chris Sedition
it always amazes to what degree people ride unsafly and improperly. even when it comes to something as basic as stopping under normal conditions. i can't even begin to count the number of times i've seen people to come to really sketchy, unstable, and uncalculated stops at a red light.

they way i was taught to stop was to use both front and back brakes as an intirgarted system, while downshifting at the same time. at the actull stop, you put your left foot on the ground, and use right foot to brake untill you have come to a *complete* stop. this provides for the maximm amount of stopping power to be utalized. granted you don't need all that power under normal circumstances, but you don't an emergency is the worst place to pick up new habits. i learned this at the MSF course. everyday i see people stopping w/o useing the rear brake *at all*. i see them useing there feet to stop the bike in some kind of Flintstonian way. i see bikes coming close to be dropped at stops because people use the bake brake then the front then downshift, etc. it's reall insane how bad some of the habits are.

all of this can be overcome bay taking a simple 2 day MSF course. and i'm not even talking about stuff like proper turning, counter balance, leaning, thortlle control, road debris, swering, etc....i'm just talking about STOPPING for chirst sake.

so yeah...everyone should take the MSF course. end of story.

-chris sedition

LISTEN TO SLAYER
AIM: chR1s sedition
Yahoo: CSedition

2003 R1 (black / red / hell-fire)

"All black, no bling"
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-03-2004, 05:31 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
Never took it, but probably will eventually.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-03-2004, 09:48 AM

Well now I have my bike permit!!!!

I just need to find an opening in the MSF classes now, I'll probably have to go down to South Jersey for the weekend to do it sooner.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-03-2004, 10:38 AM
Resident Smart Ass!

Quote:
Originally posted by Unas_the_Slayer
Well now I have my bike permit!!!!

Congrats!

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-03-2004, 01:30 PM

I felt, like some, this poll didn't give the whole picture on training. I started my own with some more options. felix_98, see if it helps.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode