New some input fellows....... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 07:39 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5
New some input fellows.......

I have been hanging aound these boards for a while, reading and what not. I have been riding for a couple of years and currently have a katana 600. Well tis the season to get a new biike and can not decide between these two. One is a 2001 Kawasaki ZX6R. and the other is a 2002 Honda CBR600 F4i. Both are priced about the same. Any input is greatly appreciated!
djl7780 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 11:28 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 54
What's up, Dj? Honestly, my friend, it depends on your style. The Kawasaki is slightly heavier but feels wider, like roomier! The honda is very comfortable, except for the usual HONDA seats, they all suck, except for the newer RR's!! Either one of these bikes will suit you fine as far as ridin', I think the kaw would be closer to the feelin' of your Katana then the honda!! Sit on both of them, tuck in them, lean off them a lil', see what you like, cause' in the end is to be comfortable while your ridin', and safe! The style you like is important!! Good luck, have fun, and be safe !!
DaBatty1 is offline  
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 03:33 PM
Registered User
 
Tippmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,373
Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Quote:
Originally posted by DaBatty1
What's up, Dj? Honestly, my friend, it depends on your style. The Kawasaki is slightly heavier but feels wider, like roomier! The honda is very comfortable, except for the usual HONDA seats, they all suck, except for the newer RR's!! Either one of these bikes will suit you fine as far as ridin', I think the kaw would be closer to the feelin' of your Katana then the honda!! Sit on both of them, tuck in them, lean off them a lil', see what you like, cause' in the end is to be comfortable while your ridin', and safe! The style you like is important!! Good luck, have fun, and be safe !!
Exactly. You will love either bike. It all comes down to personal prefrence.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
Tippmann is offline  
 
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-27-2004, 05:41 PM
Moderator
 
Hammer 4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Torrance,CA. USA 90504
Posts: 3,059
Agreed, no one can tell ya which bike to get...both are good bikes and should provide lots of fun, for a long time...

Get the one you feel most comfy with..

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
Hammer 4 is offline  
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 5
Thanks for all the input guys! I went ahead and got the ZX6R!!! thanks again fellows!
djl7780 is offline  
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 11:19 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 54
No prob. Thanks for takin' the time to ask! Rushin' into this sport can really cost alot of time, money and HEALTH. Just take some time to learn the bike bro. and good luck with it!!!
DaBatty1 is offline  
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 12:25 PM
Registered User
 
Tippmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,373
Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Quote:
Originally posted by djl7780
Thanks for all the input guys! I went ahead and got the ZX6R!!! thanks again fellows!
Bitchin. Hope you like it

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
Tippmann is offline  
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-28-2004, 02:50 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 145
hell yes! Coolest bike around, baby!
AZDaisy is offline  
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-29-2004, 06:47 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 325
Quote:
Originally posted by djl7780
Thanks for all the input guys! I went ahead and got the ZX6R!!! thanks again fellows!
Shocking how much easier it is to corner with as compared to the Kat eh? Probably feels 100 lbs lighter
stoinkythepig is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome