ouch! I crashed. Is my motorcycle totalled?
Last night I was driving my bike in a border town in Mexico (Reynosa). An idiot, apparently without eyes, pulled out right in front of me. I had no choice but to crash. I was able to slide sideways into her 2004 land rover, rather than hit it head on with the front tire. I ended up doing a pretty good bit of damage to her precious SUV. At any rate, I feel lucky to be alive. I found myself in the oncoming lane, laying there.. and barely able to move. My ribs hurt big time... so does my leg that hit this damn truck. I figure I was going something like 30-40 mph.. not really sure. Went to the doc... amazingly I didn't have any broken ribs.. and my knees were OK too (they hurt big time).
At any rate, I wouldn't mind knowing if this thing is going to be considered 'totalled' by her insurance company. Here are the stats:
93 Honda CBR F2
* Leaky, dented up tank
* All the plastic on the right side and the front is wasted
* Gauge panel is destroyed
* One plastic panel on the left side (upper rear by the seat) is broken.
* Large plastic panel on right side is scratched up.
* Front brake lever: gone
* Rear brake pedal: bent like warm taffy
* when turning the key, I have electric power, but the starter doesn't move (not exactly sure what the underlying problem is.. could be big.. could be small)
* the rear fender (or whatever the big ugle thing is that houses the brake light and license plate) is destroyed.
That about covers it. How much *was* this bike worth before the accident, and how much do you think its worth now? Is it totalled?
Thanks guys.. and drive safe.