gah...keys! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Angry gah...keys!

Here's the deal- I purchased my bike (used) last year shortly before winter. Only received one set of keys (one for ignition the other for gas tank/seat). Since the weather has been getting warmer I thought I should get a couple copies of the keys made in case I happen to lose the originals. I take both keys to a couple of places, both tell me they can't make the copies.
So...what now? has this ever happened to any of you? maybe I'm just missing something in all of my newbie glory, but do I need to contact the manufacturer directly about getting some copies of these keys or can I just go to a local Kawi dealer?
Thanks for any input, and have a great riding season
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 05:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Re: gah...keys!

I couldn't get them copied at a hardware store either. They don't have the blanks that will fit a bike key. I took it to the local bike shop that cuts keys and they turned me out a couple right durn quick.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 06:30 PM

One of the dealerships around me doesn't copy keys but were able to direct me to a place that could.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 06:52 PM

Try taking them to a locksmith...I had copies made for both of my bikes...

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

Arrow

Will definitely drop by a motorcycle shop later this week. Thanks guys.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-19-2004, 08:35 PM

Also have an extra set or two churned out & have one set at home will possibly the others some place close, to when you find you have lost your key & there sits the bike & you some miles from home.

I carry my spare keys in the coin section of my wallet & natch never without my wallet plus a set at home. Same thing for my truck, my home key, my P.O. Box key, & the gun club's two main keys.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 12:11 PM
jab

I sure hope you dont get robbed by a redneck Smitty, now that youve divulged all of you info a fella could have quite a night with a bike/ truck and all the guns he can shoot .. Mission mull
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 12:15 PM

jab: you do have a point now that I have given out my secrets in life. LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode