Need help with a matter of taste... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
T^2

Need help with a matter of taste...

O.K. here's the deal. I've ordered some Libertek LED tail lights for my 12. I'm having a dilemma over which color I should have ordered (currently the order is for the black ones). I can't make up my mind between the black and the silver. I've got until tomorrow morning to change my mind if I want.

Here is the bike that the tail lights will be installed on:

Here are the Libertek LED tail lights in question:

Initially I was thinking about going with the Gold ones. I thought that since the 2001 12 already has some gold parts on it (ie. brake rotor inserts, upper fork tubes, muzzy steering damper mount etc.) then the gold tail lights would go well them. However, the sales guy said he didn't think it would. He said that there gold is about the same color as a fairly new penny and probably wouldn't look right.

O.K. then. I asked what he recommended. He said the black. I was thinking the silver. I thought that the black might look a little to subdued and would not stand out. But, after talking with the sales guy for a couple of minutes, I ended up ordering black.

So my question to you all. What color would you have went with for the Ol' Green 12?

Thanks guys (gals)...

It's the little things in life you know...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 05:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
I personally like the black

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 06:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to DocThee Send a message via Yahoo to DocThee
I'm in for black.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Keep the ride on...

AIM and Yahoo! - DocThee

"Anything can be a medicine or a poison."

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Seperabit

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 08:40 PM

go with what he said, sounds like he knows what he's talking about.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 11:18 PM

I think the black is going to look out of place on that color bike. I would go with the sliver. It will flow better with the rest of the paint IMO.

I'm good at photoshop in my head.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 07:18 AM
Some days are like this.

I like the silver, too. I think the black would be too much of a stark contrast with the rest of the scheme.

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 07:40 AM

personally, i'd stick with the red. call me a traditionalist but i think for saftey reasons, the red even when not lit shows the driver behind you where he should be paying attention in case you, the rider, stops quick.

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 09:45 AM

I think the silver looks better. As far as safety goes, just do a flash system on it. I've done one on every bike I've had, and never had any problems. Blinking lights = people seeing you. I am thinking of putting a strobe in on the front so people can see me better at night, but I am thinking of the squidness in combination with the attention from the law enforcement personnel may not make it as good of an idea as I had originally thought. Sorry to be so off-topic! I liek the silver, damnit.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 09:53 AM
S370HSSV 0773H

Send a message via Yahoo to spicersh
As much as I like silver, I think the black would look better on your bike.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all of fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomanical, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. - Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 09:54 AM

Hey man I like the way the black looks. I think the black will be nice with the black frame and black lower fairing and black windscreen.

That's a sweet looking ZX-12R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode