What in the heck is that? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

What in the heck is that?

Well so my thoughts went when riding yesterday & coming to a two lane section on my side to see something like a blob of blue, back to the road & still no traffic, to this blob again & of all things it is one of these lay back bicycles with pedals way up high & to the front, wit a set of pannier soft bags in blue & possibly on at top, only by this time I went by.

Chap was 60+ miles from Penticton, being the closest city in his direction. Wonder if he started off from Greater Vancouver area was what went on in my mind as I scooted down the road. Anyway a FIRST for me to see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 02:36 AM

What was that????

I have seen Oryx (antelope) and the weirdest was a a whole family on a lawn tractor motoring in the breakdown lane.

I absolutely hate the road gators(truck tire retreads) as it heats up here in the southwest I get more and more of them.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Where I live we have to be on the outlook for Mule or White Tail deer for in these Mtn roads they can be only a few yds from the hwy & become accustom to the vehicles so they will step out at any time.

Mind you a number of farming tractors & sometimes hauling something, but what the heck this is farming terrain as well.

I worry when I see a horse in the ditch by the road, but in most cases it is teathered to something & so eating the grass, but once in a while one has broken through the fence.

Last yr I came around this bend clocking a decent pace only mother duck is slowly walking across the road with her young 'uns. I really felt sick that I had hit the last in line, only not so & guess the wind of the wheels knocked it over, for mother duck waited till it caught up then proceeded across the road.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 03:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
I've never seen anything crazy like that, but whitetail deer is an everyday hazard up here.

Although I have seen cows wondering across the road before.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2004, 07:43 AM
jrm

Those bicycles are called recumbents and are fairly poplular with certain crowds (pocket protector folks or those with bad backs or prostate problems). They extend the pedals/crankset out front and allow a mesh chair to sit in. LONG chain from front commonly connects to a jackshaft in middle of bike or some guide/support rollers before heading to rear wheel and standard gear setup.

Some are more like choppers, some have front wheel about halfway along length of bike, under your thighs as you sit back) and stick your feet way out in free space in front of you. Comfortable and relatively aerodynamic (especially if you get a fairing), but handle and climb hills poorly, due to your legs being at same level as heart.

Better to ride than no bicycle, but I will wait until injury/health force me to give up more standard rides.

Do a search for Vision Recumbents if you want to see some that aren't moving.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode