I was sort of critized by non-m/cists. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

I was sort of critized by non-m/cists.

BEAUTIFUL day, fellow shooter does not see me around at the range, 'phones meonly no answer & says to some others "I guess Bob is on his motorcycle".

Only I turn up 15 minutes before official opening time as he had failed to realize no matter how good it is outside I still run the h/gun range every Sunday of every week of the year & make that a plural like 24 years bar hospital matters, sickness & such.

Only a week after busting my left hip I was at the range, on crutches, with the help of a fellow shooter till I was able to drive myself ---- true I sat down to shoot rather then normal standing position.

On same yr only Boxing Day trap shoot & indoor rifle I ran the latter from 9:00am till 3:00pm with only three cups of coffee, bowl of soup & hamburger made upstairs ------- I handed out ammo, targets, took in targets to score, decided who were the winners, give them the prizes, etc. Just had two others to help me being one in the morning & one in the afternoon. Yes I took care of any jammed rifles, bolt problems, etc., all from that one seating position & my hip killing me. Crumbs I did not even have a piss. Still that is volunteer dedication that I have given to this Club since back in '75 ot '76.

No matter how good it is outside I leave Sundays to the working stiffs for riding or driving while I run the h/gun range -----still it was tempting.

Man I really wanted to ride as a lot of blokes out & riding mainly Cruiser/Harley type, std bikes to, I believe, one sportbike I saw while drive to the range & back again between 10:00am & 2:00pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-28-2004, 05:29 PM

I find that I enjoy week days better most times, less traffic where I want to ride, you can't beat an open road with no traffic.

James.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 03:19 AM
Strength and Honor

Perhaps a bit of jealousy that you can still do it sufficiently at your age on a sportbike! Take it in stride, and remember you're one of the rarer fellows with years experience, age, and still have quality reaction speeds.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 04:37 AM

thats a "tearing at the heart" kind of story. you got two hobbies that you apparently love and somedays its just tough to decide between the two. i've had days like that too where i've asked myself "do i go huning/fishing or do i go ride?" either time i answer if i am on the bike i think "what a nice day to be fishing/hunting" or if i'm fishing/hunting and i hear bikes i think "what a day to be out riding".

sometimes we just can't win.

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Being a volunteer, then the Club expects you to give up said days & if not then others will do the same in not doing their job & next thing you know said Club folds up. Being a f/arms range we cannot fold up otherwise there will be reason for the Govt to confiscate our guns & especially h/guns.

That would be two 45s costing me around three & four grand each, two full house PPC revolvers worth around two & half grand each (a few yrs back so higher now) along with a number of 9mm, 38 Super semi-autos with around $500.00 to $800.00 work on them to other revolvers & semi-autos breathed on as well. Not forgetting some 8 shotguns & rifles along with one bedroom converted in a reloading room with five turret reloading presses, other dies, powders, primers, bullet tips to reloaded ammo & tools for all the above.

Yet when riding or shooting or even doing the work at the range I am only concentrating on that very thing & not what I would like to be doing like riding & when riding it is something like 120% concentration on riding & not like a cage where one only requires 50% concentration to stay on the road & out of trouble ------ proof that m/cing is so different.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
That would be two 45s...two full house PPC revolvers...along with a number of 9mm, 38 Super semi-autos...other revolvers & semi-autos breathed on as well. Not forgetting some 8 shotguns & rifles along with one bedroom converted in a reloading room with five turret reloading presses, other dies, powders, primers, bullet tips to reloaded ammo & tools for all the above....
WOW! someone once told me that canadians were just like americans except unarmed. i guess thats not true.

nice little collection you got there smitty. i've got a small collection of firearms myself but not as many as you.

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode