Ever lose stuff while riding? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 03:44 PM Thread Starter

Ever lose stuff while riding?

Just curious if this kind of thing has ever happened to anyone else. Was riding home late this afternoon when I hit a bump on the highway and thought I felt something hit my foot. After looking around the bike and myself I realized that my new cell phone had fallen out of my pocket and hit the parkway at a good 65mph. I thought about looping back for it but figured it was a lost cause since its probably in a bunch of pieces, nor was there much of a shoulder on the hutchison parkway. Man that sure sucks especially since I dont think I can afford to replace it now so I'm looking at a significant downgrade.

I guess this is a good lesson not to just shove important things in the front pockets of jeans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 03:53 PM

That really sucks!! I feel for you bro... I think you should try getting a new freebie cell phone. I see ads for free cell phones on-line all the time; nice ones too! Also, you should consider cell phone insurance. I am paying only $4.00 a month to insure my phone.

"The good, & the evil; there never really is one without the other...!?"
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 04:30 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Did anyone ever read that story about the guy who was riding his bike down the road with an onvelope full of cash in his pocket, and it all blew all over the highway?

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

I remember that story, that poor guy got pretty screwed. As I recall he only got like 300 back.

Whats the free phone deal you mentioned tx? I already have a contract for a year and a half so I can't start up a new one.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tippmann
Did anyone ever read that story about the guy who was riding his bike down the road with an onvelope full of cash in his pocket, and it all blew all over the highway?
I read that on here a while ago.
Not a good idea to have stuff that you don't want to lose in your pockets. that are exposed like that. Inside pockets and the storage area. I have noticed also with the littl storage place I have on my R6 that I can't put much in there. but what ever. I don't need much more then my wallet cell phone and cig. and they will fit along side the tools and what not if I place it right.
Do you have insuracne on your cell phone? I do If I lose it or what ever I pay 50 dollars and get the same phone if avaible its like 5.00 dollars more a month. but hey when I need it will be there.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 06:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to SlowCBR
Sorry to hear about your cell phone loss, Wally.

My loss on the bike wasn't quite as severe as yours. I once lost a couple of letters I was taking to the post office. I had them in my bag but forgot to zipper the pocket closed and they flew out when I was leaving an intersection. I heard people honking as I rode away and quickly glanced to the side where I saw the open pocket of the bag. I pulled into a parking lot and walked back to the intersection to look for the dropped letters, all the while feeling like a total moron. Luckily I found one of them (turned out it was the more important of the two) and headed for the post office. The lost letter had a check for my cell phone bill, which I ended up just calling about and paying by credit card.

Lesson learned: make sure everything is secure before starting the ride.

-Jon
'06 Honda CBR 1000 RR -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 07:06 PM

i lost a pagewr that had free service on it... hadnt paid the bill in 2 years, but it still worked.. i miss that thing...
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 07:40 PM

Back in 1973, I was riding home from work in Manhattan Beach...on my Yam 360 enduro...At luch time, I rode home to get something to eat, I also checked the mail, my tax refund check came, so..I put it in my pocket so I could deposit it at the bank, welp, I get to the bank after work, fill out my deposit slip....and NO frekin check.. Seems it fell out of my pocket in route to the bank, so like a madman, I traced my ride, I actually rode my bike at about 5 mph next to the curb, looking, and looking..I was gettin pretty scared, and nervous..anyway, after retaceing my steps twice, I finally found it..RELIEF..!!! Oh, the check was only 693.00 but back then that was a nice piece of change...

You can bet your life, I NEVER, EVER carried anything of value, or importance in my pockets again...except my wallet..
As for carrying my cell, I put it in the trunk..of my gixxer, raped in a hand towel.

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 08:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Quote:
Originally posted by Hammer 4
Oh, the check was only 693.00 but back then that was a nice piece of change...
Man it must be nice to make that big moderator money. That's more than I make in 3 months with my part time job

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 08:27 PM

I lost my sanity once while I was lost, hot and in a really bad traffic jam.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode