Going to be selling my 03' 500R, is 4K a good asking price? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Going to be selling my 03' 500R, is 4K a good asking price?

Sorry for double post in different forums, but this one seems to be the more populated, and i need some input kindly...

In about a month i will be selling my 2003 Kawasaki Ninja 500R. I am trying desperetly to get out of debt completely, and it has been a hard struggle. I currently owe about 5K on the bike, but within the month have that down to 4K. Is 4K a good asking price for a nice, maintained and maintenenced 03' 500R? Should i ask more? Should i ask less? I really DO NOT care about making a profit here, i just want to get rid of it for now so i can work on saving money. So i figured 4K was a good number to pay the bike down to, and get rid of it.

Thoughts?

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 09:26 AM

Sounded like a very fair price to me, but I checked Kelley Blue Book and retail value is $3710. I've seen used for more though. I say ask for $4000 but be willing to give a little. Good luck.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 10:05 AM Thread Starter

Many thanks for the reply

I just want this thing gone, and the debt associated with it gone for right now. Im very proud of myself because 6 months ago i had about 15K in CC and loan debt, which is now down to 6K in CC and loan debt. 5K being just for this bike. Its pretty sad really i have had this bike for 2 years now and ONLY paid down 1300$ on it, all the rest has gone to late fees for it

Bikes seem to hold their value nicely, right? So in a month or so the retail value should be about the same? I'll ask for 4K and hope that with a nice snell/dot approved helmet, jacket and manual i can get that, and move on.

Hopefully when im squared away in a year or so i will look into getting an R6

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 12:23 PM

The price is low enough that it should be a sensible buy. Believe me if it was in my area I would buy it if it is in decent shape for an ideal bike to snort around town with rather then using my 600.

Sorry though to hear you are in financial problems which is one of the reasons that many riders end up having to sell their bikes.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-17-2004, 12:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
The price is low enough that it should be a sensible buy. Believe me if it was in my area I would buy it if it is in decent shape for an ideal bike to snort around town with rather then using my 600.

Sorry though to hear you are in financial problems which is one of the reasons that many riders end up having to sell their bikes.
thanks

I hope i can at least get 4K for it when im ready in a month or so. The less i have to pay down to sell it the better. Like i said im not greedy and dont even want to make a profit, just break even.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-18-2004, 07:13 AM

Check the price out for yourself...

www.nada.com
www.kbb.com

That is the best place to strart...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode