I am so embarassed..... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2004, 07:33 PM Thread Starter

I am so embarassed.....

Guys, I don't know about you, but I like to think of myself as a pretty laid back guy. It takes a lot for me to get pissed off. That being said....

Today I'm going to see my girlfriend and her team play a tennis match and when I get to the parking lot, the lot is full and there is a long line to get out. I see this old guy (50ish) get behind me in a little green KIA SUV and start to throw his hands up like 'what the hell is going on?' He's right: it's annoying that it's taking so long to get out of such a tiny parking lot (40 spaces). Eventually it becomes my turn to pull out of the lot, but there's a lot of traffic coming my way (4 lane road with median). And to boot, once traffic clears, some ASS in a limousine is (no kidding) going 15 mph down a 45 street coming at me. So in other words I can't pull out as I don't know if he's going to go straight and run into me or pull into this parking lot. Well, the old guy behind me lays on his horn. My first reaction: I throw my hands up looking in the rear view mirror and yell "What the hell do you expect me to do?" (all of my windows were down and I was right next to all of the courts)

With that he yells "What's your problem, man? GO!!" I flipped him off and started to pull out. As I'm starting to pull out and cross the first 2 lanes to get to the median, he lays on his horn....AGAIN! I thought that was a really chicken shit move since he was going the other way and I lost it. He lit my fuse and I lost it. I stopped my car (yeah, 2 lanes of traffic coming at me) and started to get out and see what this old fuck's problem was. He yells "What's your problem, man? Just fucking GO!!". I completely snapped and casually get out of my car and start walking to his car. I said "I'm about to show you what my problem is. Get out of your truck and I'm going to light your ass up like a fucking Christmas tree, sir" (the sir? remember he's old). He chirps his tires as he flies out of the parking lot to go the other way.

Man, I just can't believe I snapped like that and was going to lay a finger on someone that old. But what was really embarassing is that all of this was yelled at right next to all of the courts. I felt like such a redneck for doing that, but he was in the wrong. No, I shouldn't have let it get to me, but when someone else has such little regard for human life (mine), I tend to get a little bent out of shape.

Sorry, just had to vent about that. I just thought it was pretty uncool, man.

Last edited by wheelie123; 03-14-2004 at 07:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2004, 07:44 PM

Man, what a f**king hick you are! At least in New York we're smart enough to let the other guy get out of his car first...then we run him over, twice.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2004, 08:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
No one is above a good beating, regardless of age.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2004, 08:04 PM

Re: I am so embarassed.....

Quote:
Originally posted by wheelie123
"I'm about to show you what my problem is. Get out of your truck and I'm going to light your ass up like a fucking Christmas tree, sir"
dont feel bad for hitting an old man...just as long as he can walk away from the ordeal after you whack him no one will tell you an thing....btw i like the phrase you used
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2004, 08:53 PM

Send a message via AIM to ga_skyline_rydr Send a message via Yahoo to ga_skyline_rydr
Hey dude I wish I was there watching you make a total ass of your self. It would have been fun to watch a fellow yankee do something that I would do.

Me Big Brother, me watching you

skylinerydr- where the ground meets the sky

Today is the day of the beginning of your life, ride safe
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-14-2004, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, I felt like someone from an episode from COPS. The only thing missing was my trailer, stained wife-beater t-shirt, Jack Daniels, and mullett!

As for the guy, he was by no means decrepit (<sp?). He was in good shape and in good senses. I just don't understand that.......especially not on Sunday........especially not with YOUR FAMILY IN THE CAR like he had in his.

You can't like everyone you meet. Some people are just natural born bungholes. This guy was no exception.

gaskyline, I am no Yankee, thank you. To tell the truth, I don't know what I would call myself (yeah, open season on that comment ), as I've lived in 13 different states at this point.

dan, if I had gotten out of my car in NY, it would have been lifted within seconds of my exit from the vehicle and completely stripped within 10 minutes a few blocks down the road.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by wheelie123
Yeah, I felt like someone from an episode from COPS. The only thing missing was my trailer, stained wife-beater t-shirt, Jack Daniels, and mullett!

Quote:
Originally posted by slaintedan
Man, what a f**king hick you are! At least in New York we're smart enough to let the other guy get out of his car first...then we run him over, twice.

dan, if I had gotten out of my car in NY, it would have been lifted within seconds of my exit from the vehicle and completely stripped within 10 minutes a few blocks down the road.
Actually, if you were in NY, you would have been shot before you left the parking lot.
We don't have time to wait for you people who follow those stupid "right of way" laws when leaving a parking lot.
A real NY'er takes a quick glance, then pulls into traffic.

I see it all the time
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 03:12 AM

You want old folk(s) problems come on down to sunny Fla, I`ve seen it all.

But that said I`ll take the old drivers over the collage kid drivers- you know them , they all have the cell phone glued to the head and race thur traffic like they own the road. They jump from lane to lane with no warning as they chat away.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 03:24 AM
Strength and Honor

I think that as long as you showed your respect for elders, you're ok

I really LOL when you added the "sir" part, immediately following the "I'm gonna kick your ass."

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 04:23 AM

i thought you were gonna say it was her friends dad or your girlfrined uncle or something.

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode