Helmet Communicators - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Helmet Communicators

I am looking for info on helmet communicators. My roomate and I are thinking of investing in some. I have collet communicators for sledding and they are worthless......anybody have better experiences with cycle ones?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-06-2004, 09:43 AM

i've got a chatterbox, & it works alright, but i have to turn down the voice sensitivity whenever i'm not speaking, or i can't hear anyone else talking to me b/c the chatterboxes are only half-duplex.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by zx7r94
i've got a chatterbox, & it works alright, but i have to turn down the voice sensitivity whenever i'm not speaking, or i can't hear anyone else talking to me b/c the chatterboxes are only half-duplex.
this may be a stupid question but........ what is a half duplex?....
Can you communicat with someone in a cage?.... does it work like a CB radio?.... thanks for your help

~B~

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 07:48 PM

Half-duplex means the channel is in use when some one is talking, you cannot both be talking and listening at the same time (which would be full-duplex).

cdma2k
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2004, 08:04 PM

Ah.... damn... that was a stupid question...lol thanks though

~B~

p.s. didn't mean to hijack the thread
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 03:59 AM

I have a Chatterbox X1, so does my girlfriend. I bought them mid-saeson last year and love them. They really do change the entire riding experience. Quite a few of the people I ride with have them. It allows you to point out up coming road hazards in group rides, give directions, and warn a fellow rider of any upcoming hotties as well.

The HJC Chatterboxes have a lot of really nice options as well. There are input jacks for a cellular phone and a CD/MP3/radio input jack. It is stated to have a 5-mile range, but I would say in the terrain in Pittsburgh it is probably closer to half of that.

We got our through www.motoemporium.com. If you call up there and ask for Jay he will hook you up on the price.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 08:19 PM

me and my girlfriend have chatterbox x1's. i love them. they work excellent. the voice activation can be tough to get down. she is still a new rider ( 6 months) and is more worried about riding than playing with the sensintivity. i have never had a problem with it.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-15-2004, 02:57 PM

ChatterBox

How does it work? Do you ware ear-plugs? If so, does the ChatterBox ear pieces go over your ear-plugs? Or do they replace your ear-plugs?

Thanks.
R6er
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 05:59 AM

Re: ChatterBox

Quote:
Originally posted by R6er
How does it work? Do you ware ear-plugs? If so, does the ChatterBox ear pieces go over your ear-plugs? Or do they replace your ear-plugs?

Thanks.
R6er
I don't wear any earplugs. The Chatterbox speakers and mic use a double-sided tape to hold the spreakers/mic in place. The newer HJC helmets have pockets built-in for the speakers to fit right into.

It really does add to the riding experience... Well worth the money in my opinion.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Can you communicat with someone in a cage?.... does it work like a CB radio?.... thanks for your help

~B~ [/B]
you can talk to anyone with them within the given range. Just remember that it is designed for helmets. Someone else can use it, it's just going to have to be held in their hands ... thats all.

i have an hjc helmet, & mine fits right in, no prob. Granted my helmet doesnt have any pockets for ear pieces, but it does still work nicely.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode