Your first bike? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Your first bike?

So what was your first bike? How did you like it? Any crazy experiences that you would like to share when you first started out? Lets hear em'.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 06:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Re: Your first bike?

Quote:
Originally posted by Osiris1012
So what was your first bike? How did you like it? Any crazy experiences that you would like to share when you first started out? Lets hear em'.

First street bike was an SRX 250. Not much excitement to speak of since I sold it after 2 weeks and bought a 600.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 07:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to SlowCBR
My first bike is my current bike, a '93 Honda CBR 600 F2. I have had it since late September '03 and have ridden about 4300 miles so far. I think it served me well as a first bike although the first few days on it were "interesting." After I got used to the throttle, things got better.

For many people, this may not be a good choice for a first bike. However, with the proper respect for the bike's power (it may be an older 600 but it definitely isn't slow), I think it can work well. The way I see it for many things (cars, motorcycles, computers, etc.), success is more dependent on the user than the machine.

-Jon
'06 Honda CBR 1000 RR -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-05-2004, 10:20 PM

Mine too is the same one I'm on now, this'll be my 4th season on it. '88 CBR-600 I got the summer I was 16. As for interesting experiences, I don't even know what to put; everytime I get on it is an incredible experience. Riding has taken me to places mentally and physically that I didn't know existed, and have yet to find another route to.

Probably my favourite experience was last summer, I took a roadtrip to Winnipeg and just into Ontario, ended up being 2100km's in 3 days. Riding around Manitoba north of Winnipeg was just awesome, went over an hour without seeing another piece of traffic. I never would've done a trip like that in a car "just because".

My worst experience would either be my first day riding, when I figured I'd do U-turns and biffed hard, or it would be the time last year at the start of the season when I slammed into the pavement at the end of a girls block after leaving at the end of the first date. I never went back there, haha.

I still consider myself a newbie, so those are newbie stories
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-06-2004, 03:06 AM

My first bike was a 1972 HD XLCH that i bought in 75,I had that sucker 2 years and when I bought a new bike I was horrified to find the shifter on the left! The 72 xlch had the shifter on the right like the britsh bikes of the era,so i kinda had to learn to use the shifter and breakk over again( think about trying to bot the brake lever down to downshift out of habit ) unbeliveably i manged to learn it without kissing the pavment.I bought my first Forgien machine a Honda cb750 in 1979,the difference in performance hooked me.I now have owned just about every japanese brand ,most of the euro brands and still want to experiance more.That $1500 HD opened the door for what has become a very entertaining lifestyle for me.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-06-2004, 03:56 AM

Last year in may i bought a 2000 yzf600r.. Loved it.. Found a group of guys to ride with and we put almost 5000 miles on it last year.. We were corning and i put it in the ditch tho.. Lucky to keep it upright.. I learned greatly from that mistake.. Then i realized a good deal was about to come up so i bought a 2000 f4i from him.. 2200 miles for 5 grand.. lovin it so far just cant wait to get all my accessories on it...
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 03:40 PM

I just got my first bike last week. so far, nothing too interesting has come my way, except the great feeling of riding out in the open. I can't stand driving my truck now, especially with gas prices the way they are.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 03:42 PM

My first bike is my current bike....a 1979
honda cx500 custom. its not bad, but I am looking for a new 600. most likely a zx-6r
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 04:41 PM

1990 ninja zx6, totally different from the cbr, felt like i had to learn to ride all over again...
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 06:10 PM

These are two pictures of my first bike, I don't ride it anymore now that I have an R6.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode