Yet another LAME cager. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Yet another LAME cager.

So, I nearly had a run-in with one of those stupid car drivers today, you know, the lower 5% of the population who should not be let anywhere NEAR a car. Nothing too exciting, but it just pissed me the hell off. This was actually my first encounter of this nature on a M/C. For the longest time (ok, not the longest time, I've only been M/Cing for 5 months or so) I have been reading about stupid cagers on this forum, but I never actually saw what people were talking about. Well, on my M/C anyway, I see moronic drivers in my car all the time!

Anywhoo, I was on my way to the bank from work and I was on a three lane arterial (two traffic lanes, one turn lane). Some guy and his family were parked at the curb headed northbound (same way I was going) and started to pull out into traffic about two car lengths in front of me. No time to stop, going 30+ mph, so I quickly adjusted my lane position to avoid him, all the while my fingers frantically searching for the horn button. Finally I found the horn, and honked at about the time my rear tire passed his front tire (by this time it didnt matter much, but just as kind of a "THANKS ALOT MORON! " type of honk). I always ride as though I am invisible to cars, so I was prepared for this and had just assumed he didnt see me. Ok, so, no harm no foul, and no hard feelings.

But, he remained behind me for about a mile down the road, all the while riding my ass. I could tell he was just itching to pass me cause whenever I would move to the left of the lane he would ride up on my ass a bit more and veer towards the right side of the lane. Then, up ahead, I noticed a Metro bus which had just picked up some people and had its blinker on trying to merge back into traffic. Being the law-abiding citizen that I am, I slowed down and yielded for the bus, because that's the LAW. Also, I wasn't in the mood to try my luck at challenging a very large bus, me being on a motorcycle and all. So, I stopped and let the bus go, but the fucker behind me (same guy who cut me off) had the audacity to speed up and pass both me and the bus via the turn lane, honking as he flew by me.

I was very tempted to follow Mr. Asshole, so I could drive up beside him and shoot him a little thank you sign . I would never do this of course, because it wouldnt solve a damn thing and might make matters worse, but I was tempted. So, the moral of the story: STUPID PEOPLE SUCK!

Sorry to go on and on and on, but being the first time this has happened to me, I had to vent my anger somewhere.

--Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 05:33 PM

what you could have done is follow him untill he stops and beat the hell out if him in front of his family....just a thought
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 05:49 PM

good story, atleast nothign happpend ot your bike or yourself

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 06:43 PM

penny pincher

here's my mean yet effective cure: carry a handfull of pennies in the left pocket of youre riding jacket, when he gets on youre ass simply reach in and pull out about .30$ and give them a toss over youre shoulder and hit the gas. After doing this you might want to leave the area before he runs you over though! Cheap but effective
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 06:45 PM

Re: penny pincher

Quote:
Originally posted by RixGix750
here's my mean yet effective cure: carry a handfull of pennies in the left pocket of youre riding jacket, when he gets on youre ass simply reach in and pull out about .30$ and give them a toss over youre shoulder and hit the gas. After doing this you might want to leave the area before he runs you over though! Cheap but effective
where i live there are so many dorks...i would be in debt by throwing 30 cents at a time

good idea though
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 06:47 PM

Spark plugs

P.S. doing this with porcelin(crushed pieces of spark plugs) will spider there glass, be carefull to whom you do this they may shoot you
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 07:56 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Quote:
Originally posted by AudioSolstice
what you could have done is follow him untill he stops and beat the hell out if him in front of his family....just a thought
Not exactly the best idea. I don't know if anyone remembers or not, but I had a cager run in a while ago where I followed the chick to her house and got in a shouting match with her and her husband, then their loving neighbors, then half the neighborhood. Nothing good came of it, put it that way.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 07:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Re: Spark plugs

Quote:
Originally posted by RixGix750
P.S. doing this with porcelin(crushed pieces of spark plugs) will spider there glass, be carefull to whom you do this they may shoot you
Hmmm, good to know

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tippmann
Not exactly the best idea. I don't know if anyone remembers or not, but I had a cager run in a while ago where I followed the chick to her house and got in a shouting match with her and her husband, then their loving neighbors, then half the neighborhood. Nothing good came of it, put it that way.
thats not good.....
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 10:34 PM

Just look upon the cage driver as being one of the many arese holes you will meet during your days of riding.

NEVER try to argue it out with a driver, do not give them a dirty hand signal & forget all the top brainy suggestions for they have not been on m/cist long enough to understand that m/cist never do win no matter what.

Only Tippmann learned the hard way of what happens---it just made him look like a trouble making fool in the eyes of those people. It also makes a bad impression on other m/cist as cage drivers to other people on their feet will look upon m/cist as being like this all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode