Video released of officer tackling motorcyclist - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Founder

Video released of officer tackling motorcyclist

Video released of officer tackling motorcyclist

GARLAND, Texas (AP) -- A police officer who was videotaped tackling a motorcyclist after a high-speed chase has been sentenced to two years' probation, fined $600 and ordered to undergo anger management counseling.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/02/07/po....ap/index.html

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 09:11 AM

would be nice to see the video...

Stupid pig Ė didnít remember they put cameras in their cars.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 09:37 AM

Some people can hack the life of an officer and how it eats away at you.....this guy obviously couldn't. That's rare to see cops fired, though. He must have already been on the sheeat list.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 09:57 AM

Those cops must have been PISSED after chasing this dude who was running from them. Don't get me wrong, that's no excuse for tackling the guy while he was sitting helpless on the bike, but food for thought for those who would try to run.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 10:56 AM

One bad apple makes us all look bad.

I got nothin but respect for cops (hell, they'r my family). And I'll take anyone on who thinks differently.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 10:59 AM

I'm glad to see that the proper actions were taken by the department in this matter.

There was a similar video several years back of an officer tackling a rider off his bike... I think I saw it on Real TV or a show like it. In that case, the rider had evaded, was well in excess, and almost hit several pedestrians. The officer tackled him 'cause he was trying to get away, again, after pulling over. In that case, the officer did the right thing and probably saved several lives by doing so.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AR4CE
One bad apple makes us all look bad.

I got nothin but respect for cops (hell, they'r my family). And I'll take anyone on who thinks differently.
I understand your respect for the good and honest cops, but not every cop deserves respect.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/02/06/in...ial/index.html

It's not just the one bad apple that makes cops look bad, it's also the cops that cover up for the bad ones.

I treat cops just like everyone else. There are good people and bad people. I never judge anyone by whatever group they belong to (race, relegion, occupation, nationality, age, wealth, etc.)
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 01:25 PM

Back in '77 while down in 4th gear on a little Honda CB400F & testing it at 11 grand for traction (changed rear shocks, tyres & lot of work on f/forks) with intent to do a heat test just a short distance ahead on a view point. So doing around 60mph.

Had not realized this part was down to 50mph & RCMP took after me claiming I went through radar at 71mph & then up to 120mph only in seeing them opened out to "approximently 140mph & when stopped admitted to doint 135mph".

Said bike could only do 85mph in full chat with me seated in slight lean forward position (due to flat bars & rear sets) & heavey gear I was wearing for cold weather. We tested it at a road racing circuit with 115lb rider with racing leather & flat out on the bike where he reached 90mph.

Guns were drawen, I was clubbed in back of the neck, & the drive/senior officer claimed if I had taken one more second to do as he was demanding he would have shot me------I was dressed to warmly to stand around for speeding ticket conference, so trying to loosen up my gear & above all I could not answer them through my full face helmet I was trying to remove.

I received 6 month suspension of DL & most they got was a small wrap on the wrists for use of h/guns.

Oh yes I forgot to mention a friend went by dialed in his scanner & picked up conversation with HQ bitching that this was the 3rd engine he had blown in '77 & that explains why they were so slow in coming up behind me-----I thought it strange at the time & had pulled from white shoulder line, I was using to check on traction, to the gravel shoulder of the road & waving them to go on past me!!!!!
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 01:46 PM

ya, forgot to mention that. I lived in ottawa for a while. RCMP dosnt count.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 02-07-2004, 02:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
Anyone see this one?

http://www.uponone.com/videos.php?id=812

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode