Features you'd LOVE to see on your fav company's site? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Features you'd LOVE to see on your fav company's site?

Hey guys,

Ok, everyone here is an enthusiast, be it even by the smallest margin or you wouldn't be here.

Now, what features as enthusiasts would you love to see on your favourite company's website? Get as crazy or as practical as you wish. Some of these ideas may even come to fruition so here's your chance to make a difference!

Thanks for any and all input,

Cheers everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 08:55 AM
Strength and Honor

Question

Are we talking favorite motorcycle manufacturer's website?

I'll assume so. I'd love for each of them to be hosting forums each type of bike, and have links to aftermarket manu's. It'd be even better if the aftermarket manu's had reps who monitored the forums and responded to questions/needs. That existed here once, and I thought was really helpful. It certainly influenced my decisions about purchases.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 09:00 AM
Dad

An honest to god tech line. No "will doing wheelies with my power commander on high void the warranty" type questions but real help for real stock bike questions. Probably a can of worms they don't want to open.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 09:18 AM

a link to some naked lesbian stunt riders with streaming video.

hey, you asked.

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 09:19 AM

Every manufacturer should do like Kawasaki, and put full parts lists, and diagrams online. Its so nice knowing what part# you need before you call the dealership, so you don't have to try and explain to them over the phone.

Last edited by Kevlar7R; 01-21-2004 at 12:13 PM.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 09:46 AM
jrm

FWIW, Dodge sells real upgrade kits for many of their hotter vehicles. They are factory parts and installation of such upgrades (in many cases) will not affect the warranty.

It would be nice to be offered factory-approved packages or at least see what a motorcycle manufacturer offers. Surely there are some kits out there, but most of it is left for the aftermarket.

I have not looked, but I'd bet that Harley Davidson's Screaming Eagle branch is linked to the main HD page and they have examples of customer bikes that are all spiffed up in a variety of ways. If a sportbike manufacturer offered something beyond polo shirts and hats, they should show it off more.

The online owner's manuals and parts diagrams like Kawasaki and Yamaha have are excellent, too.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 09:52 AM
Dad

Quote:
Originally posted by Kevlar7R
Every manufacturer should do like Kawasaki, and put full parts lists, and diagrams online. Its so knowing what part# you need before you call the dealership, so you don't have to try and explain to them over the phone.
Definitely! And go back a few years, at least twenty.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-21-2004, 12:48 PM

Maybe if someone rode a newer bike, Robert wouldn't have to upload diagrams of your bike off stone tablets that Moses left behind before the freak rainstorm
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 06:45 AM Thread Starter

Thanks so much for all the ideas guys - they really are helpful.

Everyone keep'em coming if you have more.

I wish I could say what this was for right now, but in the end some of these suggestions may very well get used.

Thanks again,
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 01-22-2004, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GMAS
I wish I could say what this was for right now, but in the end some of these suggestions may very well get used.
ALRIGHT!!!!

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode