Yes, they ARE trying to kill you - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 08:15 AM Thread Starter

Yes, they ARE trying to kill you

2 Lane highway with a 3rd lane for freeway interchange only. I am in middle of the 3 lanes going about 70 mph. A guy is coming up on me pretty hard in a sporty volvo, bue he is back a ways. An 80 year old man in the lane to get on the other freeway decides to cut me off and come into my lane. The 80 year old is doing 50 mph!!! (no blinker) I knew that volvo was still coming up on me, so i decided to split lanes with the 2 cars, that was all I could do. I didn't know if the volvo would slow down, and I didn't have time to check, but 2 seconds later, SURE ENOUGH, HE BLOWS BY ME LIKE HE NEVER EVEN THOUGHT OF SLOWING DOWN. Even tho he knew I was getting into trouble. What a jackass. I'm thinking about attaching an egg or something to my bike, cuz if i had one, I could have thrown it at him later and straight bailed!

Anything typed in red is just a joke, so relax.

It felt like my back was broken, either from the adrenaline, or from being pissed off. Either way, thats 2 close calls in 2 days... pretty discouraging. But I am good.

Last edited by Elvis; 01-16-2004 at 08:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 08:19 AM

Jesus dude! Do you ride around with a sign on your back that says " Do your best to run me over! I love the feeling of near death!"? Somthing tells me you might wanna watch your back for a while.....
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 10:31 AM

I Hate that.

It seems like that happens to me, I can go a month with no problems and then 3 people will almost mow me down on the same day. Nothing ruins a good ride like some ass who pulls out in front of you.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 10:33 AM

What do you expect he lives in Socal. Even driving a truck down there you have to pull some hairy shit. But your seen a little better in a truck. I don't think I would ride a bike in socal, but hey things change right. I'm never going to live there again at least I don't think so.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 01:26 PM

The hard part of it is you know sometime or another some dim-wit will hit you THEN all you can do is hope to god you can make it through the prang, that your personal injuries are minimium & that the idiot has up to date insurance. That is IF HE IS STILL THERE for in many cases they scoot off as any hit-&-run imbiscles will so often.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 01:33 PM

Sorry for imbicle should read "imbecile"---for my spelling is not the best.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-16-2004, 04:20 PM

Glad to hear that you are still alive........

Be careful out there....those nuts just don't care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode