Christmas eve and I'm working... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
Founder

Talking Christmas eve and I'm working...

Christmas eve and I'm working...
Well, I guess if you could call redesigning one of my websites "working" that is.

I'll be the first to admit that I could not draw a stick figure if you paid me. I make my money working on databases and don't have a bone of artistic talent in my body.

But the Pocketbike Planet community (formally known as Pocketbike World) really needed an update.

When new users visited the old front page they were overwhelmed with about 75 links to news, posts and different areas of the community. The new design is not only more "professional" looking but much easier to navigate.

Stop by and take a look and let me know what you think...

http://www.pocketbikeplanet.com

Oh, and since midnight is only 90 minutes from now... Merry Christmas everyone!

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2003, 06:41 AM

nice job, man.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2003, 10:41 AM

Robert can only say the REVIEWS is a bit to dark ------- well just my assumption.

I should not be giving advise for my knowledge of the PC is less then 1%. I have wandered on to whatever is used to colour/draw & I would be a total loss no matter what.

Yet in my world, of simplicity & away form electronics, & so many keys, I basically carry a drafting pen with .30mm point & some form of a small pad to sketch on, for in a very amateur way I do pen & ink sketching of scenic matters, mtns, trees, fences, old buildings, etc. Not humans or animals.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2003, 10:46 AM

Still thinking of work when I opened a sport shop in Banff, Alberta Cdn & aimed at skiers, mountaineers & such it was one of the rare retail stores open in the 50s & 60s for the week-ends are when skiers, mountaineers & tourists are around for we also sold some of the best clothing in the area. That would be from 7:00am till sometime around 11 or 12 we closed & often I would be working on skis & delivering them to hotels, motels in the small hrs of the morning.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2003, 11:20 AM

Cool
It's book marked for further review at a date other that x-mas.

And as I shot over their for a quick look see, I got a second Merry Christmas today. Thanks

And Merry Christmas to you and the rest of these people around here. Life is good
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2003, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Smitty
Robert can only say the REVIEWS is a bit to dark ------- well just my assumption.
Your 100% right, I should have stated in my first post that the review and gallery areas are still being worked on.

Robert Basil

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2003, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Founder

The Gallery and Reviews area colors now match the rest of the site. Now all I have to do is work on buttons to match the site colors and I'm done.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Robert Basil

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-25-2003, 09:30 PM

looking good boss!

-=bmacd=-
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode