Wrapin the Year - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Unhappy Wrapin the Year

Yikes, the year end review.
I got rollin today, and the step ruggie asks for a ride up to the high school. Turns out his track team won't be running hills today cuz of the rain. They're gonna hit the gym. No problem. On my way to the school, 1/2 block away, YIKES.. here comes one of the students around the corner out of control in his 69 mustang, and spins out 180 degrees.......bam puts his right rear finder into my left front fender. Damn the bad luck. Now lets talk about my truck for just one moment. 77chevy 1/2ton 4x4. Restored with a nice conversion done to it. There's a 90 454 under the hood that is balanced and printed with aluminum heads, Kieth Black pistons, Doug Thorley headers, posi's front and rear just to name a few. Pictures have already gone to Peterson's off road & four wheel mag to get this "specimem" published. DAMN the BAD LUCK!!

Now I feel bad about this Musky for sure, but, there is a reason that insurance is so much for teens and what parent would put a kid in a car this nice anyway? Unbelievable

Sadly I retreat to my garage, the one place a man can get a true smile without even trying! That safe tranquil place of peace and lovingness. With loving eyes......I glance over at my pick up seat that I mounted on a stand for my bros to sit on, can't help but really smile glancing at that, I've bent the woman over that baby a time or two.
Pressure and tenseness leaving, I look over to the other side of the garage and that's right.......the VFR is still down. OUch.
I had forgot for a moment, the 750 fell off it's center stand, don't ask how, and put a small crack on the fairing. Damn the bad luck. My two prized possesions BENT!!!! What the hell is going on here??? But..........fortunetly...........I'm in my garage, and as to never let me down......it starts sucking the tension right out of me. ooooohhhhhhhhh breathing better now,aww, much better.
You gotta like my garage, nice little work bench, Vance&Hines banner on the wall from the 2000 Superbike races. The last year the V&H's was with Ducati. And I possess "the factory banner" from the vinue. Man an I feeling better now!!!! Wow, I think I'm gonna be alright.

Year end review; Got a "great wife", good truck (slightly bent) paid off, some great bikes, and above all........my health. Life is good.
One question........
Is your cup 1/2 empty, or is your cup 1/2 full?

Last edited by Koda; 12-23-2003 at 05:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 04:50 PM

7/8th of the way to empty & you two will feel so when you are 73 yrs of age!!!!!!! LOL
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-23-2003, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

>7/8th of the way to empty & you two will feel so when you are 73 yrs of age!!!!

I'll be there dude.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 08:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
I'd say I broke even for the year. School sucks, but i passed all my classes. I also had a small wreck on the bike that ripped up the front right. Maybe next year i'll finish with a full glass

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 01:41 PM

Well this was the most crazy year of my life so far, in a nutshell I:

Bought a house
Bought a Sport Bike
Got Married
Got Divorced - after 4 months
My Truck got hit while it was parked
Dropped my Bike in a parking lot, no real damage - but it sucked

There is plenty more bad Im sure but whats the point in Dwelling on it. This year has been a huge test of my sanity and I feel like I passed. I miss my wife but it was for the best and at least it happened before we had kids - she Just decided that marrige was not what she expected.. Dont get me started on that one....

All in all I have leared a lot from 2003 and only hope that 04 stops making me pass all these f-ing tests LOL

I do have to say that a lot of good things happend this year that I will remember for the rest of my life, and even in the bad things that have happened good things have somehow managed to come from them...

Sorry for the soppy post, Merry Christmas Y'all
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-26-2003, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Dude,

>Bought a house
>Bought a Sport Bike
>Got Married
>Got Divorced - after 4 months
>My Truck got hit while it was parked
>Dropped my Bike in a parking lot

I didn't think a person could do all that in one year!! The fact that your still kickin is amazing.......and a true test of caracter!! Wow

Glad you survived
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-26-2003, 10:59 AM

Beacon that is a LOT in one yr. Have a hunch you take lst place.

When I hear some of the guys & gals in the gym talking about 3rd divorce, kids, expenses. what they lost to whoever, & such THAT is when I say to myself that staying a bachelor was by far the best I have ever done.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-27-2003, 05:10 PM

Thanks guys, and yea Smitty it might just be a better idea to remain single at this point .... I dont know, I hope actually that I can use what I have learned from my first marrige to buld a stronger and long lasting 2nd marrige... But thats further down the rode.

But it has been a crazy year and I am as supprised as anyone else that I got through it but like they say, time heals all wounds..

Later fellas
-B
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 09:47 AM
Strength and Honor

2003 in review

Better late than never. I'm a half-full person this past year.

First son was born.
Bought two new cars.
Lost our dog to strange event.
Went down twice in the same day w/o serious injury.
Was a professional, full-time-paid student for nearly the entire year, ending in professional certification.
Basement flooded only 1" in a 50 or 100-year flood, yet we live w/in ~200 yards off a major creek.
My wife and I are still employed in a low-cost-of-living area.
Straight A's in grad classes.
My parents and in-laws are all still alive, and healthy despite high age.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 10:28 AM
Some days are like this.

Re: Wrapin the Year

Quote:
Originally posted by Koda
Yikes, the year end review.
I got rollin today, and the step ruggie asks for a ride up to the high school. Turns out his track team won't be running hills today cuz of the rain. They're gonna hit the gym. No problem. On my way to the school, 1/2 block away, YIKES.. here comes one of the students around the corner out of control in his 69 mustang, and spins out 180 degrees.......bam puts his right rear finder into my left front fender.
But what I want to know is: why wasn't your track kid running to practice?

Let's see.. I think my cup is just about full, I'm thinking 2004 has got to be better than last year!

2003 involved losing a baby, losing a grandparent, scattering the ashes of another, moving 7 different times, getting my F4 stolen fom right out front of the apartment, having a bunch of other things swiped by movers during the move back from Puerto Rico, and about 3 months of separation (due to work) from hubby.

In 2004 we are settled into a house we should be in for a few years, hubby has a wonderful job, I am working, we'll both be going back to college... lots and lots of good, I see coming.

"I often wonder why I talk to you, then I realize, although you put me down, you do it with love." - Jester
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode