new bike! - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2003, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

new bike!

So, yesterday I left my house at about 730 AM, my friends were driving me from montgomery, AL to marietta, GA (www.wowmotorcycles.com) - i should've known this was going to be a bad trip when my cell phone died less than 5 minutes out of the city... we got to the used dealer we were going to see at about noon EST time, found the bike (listed at 5,000$) and paid 4,700$ cash out the door (1997 cbr 900 rr, yoshi slip on, no body damage, 6,800 miles) - well they took some time in the service department getting it ready, and by thet ime we were ready to leave (they were done) it was 4pm EST.... and pouring rain.... and 31 degrees, I hadn't brought any rain gear with me but oh well, I hopped on the bike to make my way home, I got from marietta to jonesboro GA before I was so cold, and wet, that I couldn't go on. I couldn't feel my hands or my legs, or my face really. I stopped for the night at a days inn, wheeled the bike in the room (which was a feat of manuevering, i had to make a 90 degree turn that was like half the length of the bike. woke up the next morning at 11:30am EST, and made it home by 2:30 CST, YIKES it's cold! but the bike is nice, and this trip - barring freezing rain - went better than the last one. I'm back in business.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_0277.jpg (65.0 KB, 158 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2003, 12:15 PM

Don't get addicted to sleeping next to it.

Nice job, nice bike, nice story.

Shiny side up, right?

cdma2k
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2003, 12:17 PM Thread Starter

next to it? I slept ON it!

Quote:
Originally posted by cdma2000
Don't get addicted to sleeping next to it.

Nice job, nice bike, nice story.

Shiny side up, right?

cdma2k

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2003, 12:18 PM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
Re: new bike!

Congrats, glad this trip didn`t send your helmet into a swamp Good luck with her, I just got a new bike not too long ago and if I do say so myself, it sucks ass having it sit in the garage and not being able to ride it often. Plus side is I`m going to Florida this week, so I`ll get to ride mine (riding it there, too). Hope nothing bad happens like with the other one

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2003, 01:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Bout time you got a new bike. Glad to hear you're back in the saddle

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2003, 01:49 PM

Thumbs down

Nice bike cmd954. Looks clean. Something about a red sportbike that just says fast. I used to have a red Ninja. Cops like um too though.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2003, 01:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to ga_skyline_rydr Send a message via Yahoo to ga_skyline_rydr
Nice looking bike Coy, it is a good choice, at least the ride home was shorter this time. I wish your cell didn't die, you could have called me and spent the night at my house, glad to see you made it home. When are we going riding, dude?

Me Big Brother, me watching you

skylinerydr- where the ground meets the sky

Today is the day of the beginning of your life, ride safe
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-14-2003, 04:10 PM

Thumbs up

that's a real hottie you got there! very nice! congrats!
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2003, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Re: Re: new bike!

Quote:
Originally posted by wantanaprilia
Congrats, glad this trip didn`t send your helmet into a swamp Good luck with her, I just got a new bike not too long ago and if I do say so myself, it sucks ass having it sit in the garage and not being able to ride it often. Plus side is I`m going to Florida this week, so I`ll get to ride mine (riding it there, too). Hope nothing bad happens like with the other one
Where ya going in FL if you have extra time on the way down and it's warm, you could stop at cheaha (as twisty as alabama gets) on the way down, it's right there on the AL/GA state line, maybe even have the privelege of meeting someone as cool as me. PM me if you're going to come close to AL and I'll give you my cell #
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-15-2003, 11:59 AM

It's good to know people enjoy their bikes so much it lives in the house with them.

If hitting water at 100 mph is like hitting concrete, what does it feel like hitting concrete at 100 mph?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode