forum a-holes - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

forum a-holes

ok, this has absolutely nothing to do with sportbikes, but i am a member of a few otherforums, mostly related to my car, truck, atv etc....

In every fugging one of them it is filled with assholes... people making fun of other members for thier rides, for the questions asked, for the info needed, for pics requested, whatever...

case in point, i am describing my car, how i want to dress up the rear end and was looking for a good spoiler, i tell about the other mods i have done, and thiose i dont want to do, but are available... i get a helpful response, but only after a few a holes ridicule my car and choices for the mods, basically i get rided for changing my taillights and not the body...

my point it Sportbikeworld is the first forum i participated in, was i just spoiled by the lack of assholes in here, or am i going crazy? i know there is some good natured ribbing in hese, but im talking about some meanspirited hateful stuff, just to be ignorant...i dunno, just had to vent to the only community not full of assholes, btw, my bike is on stands, covered, buried in the back of my garage winterized for another buffalo winter, so im a little pissy for ...ohhh the next 4 months

Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 07:04 PM
Dad

Nice compliment to all.

That was the tone set from the start by Robert and enforced as needed by the moderators he selected. Props go to him!

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 07:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
hehe don`t say you put altezzas on your hoopty

I noticed it too, since I came from posting on car boards for a good while, and although some are better than others, theres still jackasses on them, and the occasional troll that comes to start shit. Doesn`t happen too much, although things do tend to get a bit off topic at times theres not much serious insults, or trolls. Welcome to the site

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 07:17 PM

i agree, but you should also check out bayarearidersforum or sportbikes.ws
i think....
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 08:07 PM

I've only had one bad experience on this board and it was from some jackass who seemed like he was trying to get himself banned and for the first time I've ever seen here, he got banned within a week.

This is the best board I have ever been fortunate to be part of. You not only get great insight, info, and riding buddies, but you get to have a damn good laugh every day. Even though it seems like some days NOTHING goes right, I've logged onto here and gotten some great laughs and I forget about my day.

Thanks, SBW.....I should have said it before.

No comments about being a pussy for the above statement, even though I know it's inevitable!
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 11:55 PM

I have checked out some other boards and I am on one other. Honestly though If I have a serious question I ask it here. I also give the responses received here more weight. I get some joking from time to time but most replys in SBW seem to be in good humor. The creator of this site had a invisioned what a serious bike info site should look like and I would say its pretty close. Good job Robert.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 03:29 AM

LOTS of real helpful, EXPERIENCED riders, some good natured ribbing, not too much belittling (unlike another board I can think of, full of squids with 1 year "experience")...yep, we have a pretty good board here. Thanks Robert
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 04:05 AM Thread Starter

Talking

yea i got altezzas on my hoopty, but my hoopty is only 6months old with 7k on it and now its parked in my garage... btw, i got a clear tail on my 900 tooo, best mod ive done
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 04:17 AM

I actually got turned to this board by Dad, when we ran into him on a ride, and I haven't been any happier posting on a forum. I too was on a car Forum, but there got to be way too much horsepoo being flung around there so I basically left there for here. Besides...I like to talk about bikes all day more than I do cars!
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-12-2003, 04:35 AM

Re: forum a-holes

Quote:
Originally posted by blankgazex
my point it Sportbikeworld is the first forum i participated in, was i just spoiled by the lack of assholes in here, or am i going crazy?
here, let me introduce you to Slaintedan. oh, danny-boy.

you make a good point and i agree with you 98%. good post.

gee dan, where are you?

SQUID=Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, & Imminently Dead

Katie has a nice "spice rack".

If you can read this, thank a teacher....If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode