All of a Sudden MotoGp is invaded by Americans. - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

All of a Sudden MotoGp is invaded by Americans.

It's great to see that we are getting some real representation in MotoGP.
Of course there is
KRjr-Suzuki GSV-R, Suzuki Grand Prix Team
Colin Edwards-Honda RC211V, Telefonica Movistar Honda
Nicky Hayden-Honda RC211V, Repsol Honda
John Hopkins-Suzuki GSV-R, Suzuki Grand Prix Team
Whiney Kurtis Roberts -Proton KR5, Proton Team KR

Last edited by Nero-1; 12-11-2003 at 08:04 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 08:21 AM

So when will Moto GP invade the USA

I think it's about time for a US race at Indy just like F1 or Daytona like the AMA.

I can't figure out what are they waiting for

Those freaken people in charge are a bunch of idiots. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the US the Biggest Sportbike market in the world ?

I guess they think people may not go watch it like some AMA races but I think Moto GP will be different and way more exciting to watch. People will go to see the Moto GP race, especially with 5 America riders

Last edited by Drei; 12-11-2003 at 08:24 AM.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 08:32 AM

Drei, have you ever seen the amount of people that show up for a MotoGP race? It's more than an NFL game. Bike races are huge there. The US turnout wouldn't be near as great as it would there.

I'm not being a dick. I just read an article on this and this is one of the issues they pointed out. Personally, I think it sucks and I think we should have at least one MotoGP race here. I would fly anywhere in the continental US to see Rossi race in person. I don't think there will ever be another like him and it sure would be nice to see him.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 08:57 AM
Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by Drei
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the US the Biggest Sportbike market in the world ?
Nope. More sportbikes are sold in Europe than the US.

Robert Basil
SportbikeWorld.com Founder
PocketbikePlanet.com Founder

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 09:04 AM

I know the amount of crowd that a Moto GP race brings in over seas. It's just like F1. I watch both on TV religiously. That's why I said have it at Indy or Daytona that way it would be unbelievable and like no other place to see then go around the entire track.

That's why I said that they think that people wont go but I think they are wrong and underestimating. I sure people from all over the US would go including Canada and true enthusiast from around the world. I'm sure I would go with a bunch of friends just like you.

I think it would work, they just have to make it special and different and Moto GP at Indy or Daytona would be the key.

Robert wow that's crazy Thanks. Europe as a whole bunch of Countries not just one would out sale the US but not separated by country alone.

Last edited by Drei; 12-11-2003 at 09:08 AM.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 09:11 AM

I've also heard that the racetracks arent up to " MotoGP Spec ". There was rumor or a GP race in Atlanta or at Barber, can't remember which one, but they said the facilities weren't ready or capable of handling a World Class event such as GP. If I'm wrong please correct me in this. I too would love to watch the likes of Rossi and the rest of GP mix it up on us soil.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 09:25 AM

From the owner of Daytona when asked if there would ever be a GP event at Daytona:

It would cost so much money to get them to let us have it that we wouldn't make any money.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

I read in the AMA magazine that they were planning a US GP at Barber but they decided that they want one season of hosting events under their belt before bringing the big boys over. As they say every year ...It looks like they are planning for next year.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Drei
I know the amount of crowd that a Moto GP race brings in over seas. It's just like F1. I watch both on TV religiously. That's why I said have it at Indy or Daytona that way it would be unbelievable and like no other place to see then go around the entire track.

That's why I said that they think that people wont go but I think they are wrong and underestimating. I sure people from all over the US would go including Canada and true enthusiast from around the world. I'm sure I would go with a bunch of friends just like you.

I think it would work, they just have to make it special and different and Moto GP at Indy or Daytona would be the key.

Robert wow that's crazy Thanks. Europe as a whole bunch of Countries not just one would out sale the US but not separated by country alone.

Man I am amazed no one called you an idiot. Do you have a clue what's going on outside of your own country? I can asure you it's not some hicks going around in circles in stupid oversized cars that's for sure. The Americans are not doing to well in GP but I think things should go half decent for Edwards. I also think Hayden will have at least one win and will show up more and more often on the podium. The all American Suzuki team who, knows if they will sort out their situation. I am calling that Rossi will be ridding hard and well like usual but get thrown off the M1 because of set up/tuning factors/new bike and that will place him second in the chapionship because of fierce competition from Sete Gibernau keeping the #1 plate with Honda. I see Caparossi and Hayden battling for third and if Biaggi doesn't do well from the start I see Baylis taking Biaggi for fourth or fifth. As for Moto Gp in North America I am sure what everyones saying about Barber having a stop on the calander for the 2005 season will happen, if not they will have some new course built so moto gp will be here before the end of the decade.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-11-2003, 07:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to wantanaprilia
WRC is finally comming to this side of the pond so its only a matter of time before GP gets here I think.

Look . . . the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances, we guard you while you sleep. Do not fu|< with us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode