Dave is pissed.... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 04:41 AM Thread Starter

Dave is pissed....

Can't say I blame Dave Despain for being so pissed, its not his fault that the Speed channel sucks. Theres a lot more money in NASCAR than bikes. I hate the fact that they ruined Two Wheel Tuesday too, but it isn't his fault. They offered him a job, and he took it...

http://www.nerdmafia.com/rockme01/video/despain.wmv
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 04:46 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to FZR400Tony
i feel bad for despain. i'm sure he'll end up at the next network that carries motorcycle programs. keep your fingers crossed that OLN will add more motorcycles. they are the same people who made speedvision.

fox broadcasting SUCKS!!! i understand that they needed a 24/7 infomercial for their nascar broadcasts, but did they have to take speedvision anyway to do it?

i actually don't watch anything on fox networks anymore, except for motorcycle racing and football (addicted to both).

unfortunately, it doesn't matter, because i don't have a nielson box.

Tony

Coward stays behind freedom.
A braveman stands in front of freedom and defends it for others.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 04:49 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by FZR400Tony
i feel bad for despain. i'm sure he'll end up at the next network that carries motorcycle programs. keep your fingers crossed that OLN will add more motorcycles. they are the same people who made speedvision.

fox broadcasting SUCKS!!!
I do too, I really like him. He was a great host on TWT. He actually rides...not only that, he does track days too!

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-02-2003, 09:15 PM

I dont even have Speed channel any more. They took it away and put MTV2 in it's place
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 03:44 AM
Strength and Honor

I can only watch TWT on the rare days I'm at my parents' house 300 miles away; its not in our cable budget.

And he's exactly right. The reality is that television is business, and that's supported by majority interests via advertising, which apparently is more interested in 'neck-car than motorcycling. No fault for him.

Sounds like he got too many comments about his missing TPS reports.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-03-2003, 08:37 AM

Dave's rant the other night was fu##ing hilarious. I'm glad he got to say his peace.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 08:01 AM

WOW, I didn't see that before, yeah I feel bad for him, but who has been blaming him? I have e-mailed speed many times about this, but I've made it clear in my e-mails that I'm pissed with speed's corp people, not dave.

James.

edit: Afterall, what is he suppossed to do? Go jobless because the channel is not airing what he wants?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 09:25 AM

Here's the thing: I agree, the programming is not his fault. However, by flipping out like he did, he now will receive more emails and calls blaming him trying to get him to meltdown again. I don't disagree with what he said, just how he said it. Now he has set himself up as a target and a joke.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by desmo
Here's the thing: I agree, the programming is not his fault. However, by flipping out like he did, he now will receive more emails and calls blaming him trying to get him to meltdown again. I don't disagree with what he said, just how he said it. Now he has set himself up as a target and a joke.
Gee, you really think so? I think he had his say, and won't mention it again. I dunno...I myself called him a sell-out at first. But after thinking about it a bit, I no longer say that. I don't blame him for the loss of bike programming...its simply not as popular as Nascar in the US. I've e-mailed Speed about how I feel, but $$$ speak louder than e-mails.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-04-2003, 09:44 PM

Okay, that rant was funny as hell. Period.
I am sure he hates what Speed has done to TWT as much as the rest of us, this only confirms it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode