If only it would last - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

If only it would last

Here it is the last week of November and we're having a 70 degree weekend in the Ohio Valley of Kentucky. Unbelievable. Went out riding Saturday afternoon and again in the evening and it was great. There were people out everywhere riding both times. Sunday is supposed to be another awesome day, but then a front is going to move in and drop the high into the upper 30s/low 40s for Monday. Bummer. But it may warm up again in time for next weekend. I love it!

For those who haven't put their bikes away for the winter yet, ride safe, and enjoy it while it lasts. For those who live in areas where it doesn't get cold in the winter:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2003, 01:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snow5.jpg (86.5 KB, 130 views)

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-23-2003, 07:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Tippmann
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow
I love the snow, too...Don't get me wrong. But this was my first season with my bike, and I'm just not ready for it to end.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 02:03 AM
Strength and Honor

It figures. I pull my exhaust off, stabilize the tank, partially deflate the tires, and THEN the warm weather comes in.

Well, I suppose the upside's what Tippy posted.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 04:06 AM

Ah yes! Loved the weather this weekend! Went out Saturday for a quick jaunt to a favorite spot, but a kinda bad thing happened. I rode my buddy's RC51 on the way back in, and the V-twin bug hit me. I may have to ride it a bit more, but I have a feeling that I might be on a Twin in the future.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 05:27 AM

I love the snow ! like tippmann said " let it snow, let it snow , let it snow ".
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snowboard.jpg (14.8 KB, 100 views)
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 06:46 AM

What a great riding weekend though. Keeps the inspiration to not put my bike away too much.

I think it must get easier to put it aside when you've had several season of riding, but for me and my new found thirst to ride, I pray for a snowless and warm winter.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 11:48 AM

Is it me or do most folks that love the snow live in an area of low populace(lucky) and not near a cagers nut hatch like Baltimore?

Just a thought.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 03:35 AM
Strength and Honor

Quote:
Originally posted by Thunderheart
Is it me or do most folks that love the snow live in an area of low populace(lucky) and not near a cagers nut hatch like Baltimore?

Just a thought.
I'll break that one. Grew up in the highly populated suburbs of Chicago, and I have always loved winter. Deep snow, nasty windchill, and icy roads are a standard.

The things I like about winter were:
1) People were afraid to drive in it, so there were far fewer cars (in the days before the SUV craze).
2) No road construction.
3) No bugs to wash off the car weekly.

There are others, but those are the top ones.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode