E-Boz officially to Ducati - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 04:47 AM Thread Starter

E-Boz officially to Ducati

It's a done deal. Eric Bostrom will ride for Ducati in the 2004 AMA Superbike.

http://www.amasuperbike.com/2003-Nov/031119a.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 05:58 AM

Great Kawasaki is ran by a bunch of idiots!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 04:18 PM

Re: E-Boz officially to Ducati

Quote:
Originally posted by Nero-1
It's a done deal. Eric Bostrom will ride for Ducati in the 2004 AMA Superbike.

http://www.amasuperbike.com/2003-Nov/031119a.htm
YEE HAW, way to go EBOZ! Damn, how am I ever going to afford a Ducati!!

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 05:25 PM

I'll ask again, in total frustration. Why did Kawasaki Kill the 9R and go through all the trouble to build the 10 if they weren't going to race it??? Why would they loose Eric? Why does this piss me off so much. I think I'll need to find another hobby. Winter's comin. Anyone know anything about snowmobiles
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 05:32 PM

I think Kawasaki got caught with it's pants down. They got caught up in the "disaster" of rules fight between MSMA and WSC racing. Since there isn't going to be "support" for the World SuperBikes unless the WSC boys give into the demands of the MSMA (motorcycle manufacturer's) and tell Pirelli to "take a hike" on being the "only" tire for the World series of racing.

Kawasaki just waited to long to get the ZX-10R into SuperBike shape, much easier to just "wait it out" and race in Super Stock, minimum money required. I really think that both Kawasaki and Yamaha "WANT" SuperBike to fail in both WSC and AMA as "Super Stock" racing will mean less dollar commitment to the SuperBike racing series and more MONEY for the Moto-GP series, jmho!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2003, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Damn...this is going to be a Really exciting year in Motorcycle racing except for the destruction of WSBK.

AMA superbike is going to be great and exciting. More than one or two bikes at the top.

MotoGP - Nicky on #1 Honda bike, Colin Edwards on a Honda with MadMax and Sete. Rossi on a Yamaha and Xaus on a Duc with Caparossi and Baylis.

Damn!!! I can't wait.

I feel bad for the Kawi fans, I feel that they really let down their Core followers and enthusiasts. They need to get Rob Muzzy back in there.... Bring back the old school tuners....Muzzy, Ferracci, etc...
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-20-2003, 01:27 PM

Thumbs down AMA still messed up some

Well AMA Super Bike is still a bit messed up, Kawasaki isn't racing in Super Bike and from what I've read, Yamaha is bringing out a totally new R1 and they won't be "ready" to go into Super Bike racing till "mid-season 2004"??

So you've got "Honda/Suzuki/Ducati" as Aprilia is a "no-show" again, how do them boys ever figure to get a "name" here in the States if Aprilia doesn't at least race in "Super Stock"

Sounds like at the start of the AMA season, that "Super Stock" will be the only series with "all the manufactures" in it. Honda is not racing in 600 Super Sport but they are racing in 600 Forumla Extreme, DUMB, imho I have no idea WHY we need a "600cc Forumla Extreme class", when 600 Super Sport has had some of the "best" racing over the last few years
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-23-2003, 01:12 PM

blame the AMA for kawasaki not racing the zx10r in SBK for 2004. Those guys cant seem to make up their mind about rules, and release there information well after the deadline in order for the teams to prep for the new season. Hence Yamaha is only going to be testing there R1 in AMA SBK starting in mid season..just testing out there superbike.

no one knows the future of superbike racing, thats why some are not going to jump in and race. let things pan out themselves and let the AMA figure out what they are going to do with the Series.

to bad for kawasaki having to lose Eric over it. Guy would have won the Superbike title hands down on the new 10R....for someone who can ride that good on a 1996 design model of a 750 is better then just excellent...he has a gift.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-24-2003, 04:22 AM

well said gixxergyrl. Im not flirting!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-25-2003, 06:12 AM

Agree and more strangness?

Quote:
Originally posted by gixxergyrl
blame the AMA for kawasaki not racing the zx10r in SBK for 2004. Those guys cant seem to make up their mind about rules, and release there information well after the deadline in order for the teams to prep for the new season. Hence Yamaha is only going to be testing there R1 in AMA SBK starting in mid season..just testing out there superbike.

no one knows the future of superbike racing, thats why some are not going to jump in and race. let things pan out themselves and let the AMA figure out what they are going to do with the Series.

to bad for kawasaki having to lose Eric over it. Guy would have won the Superbike title hands down on the new 10R....for someone who can ride that good on a 1996 design model of a 750 is better then just excellent...he has a gift.
Agree GG, even more strange is the news that Kawasaki of Italy is backing and has procured "4 ZX-10R Ninja's" for a team contesting WSC in 2004 (Team Bertchi-something), they raced the old ZX-7RR's in 2003. IF the "in-country mfg'ers unit's are supporting, then is the "big cry baby fit" put on by MSMA (Motorcycle Sport Manufactures Association), of any "real" threat to the World Super Bike Organization?? Pure BS and it's the FANS that suffer, SAD!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode