LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

Cobra Exhuast

cobra F1r slip ons...are they crappy and if so how crappy? thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 04:27 PM
Strength and Honor

I've got a pair on my ol' thing, and I like them simply because they growl more than the stocks did. No real rasp, but the sound and all will depend greatly on the bike.

Of course, they're pretty much the only aftermarkets for mine, so the choice was easy. No real hp gains, if that's what you're looking for.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

i got ya....yeah they are real cheap and i wanted my bike to sound louder a lil bit

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 03:48 AM
Strength and Honor

Well, it does both those things. The legality of having them on is questionable, and still in debate in some other newsgroups. But they're really a LOT less loud than most Harley's, so I'll be shocked if I ever get asked about them.

SportbikeWorld Supermoderator

Dragging knee is for the track, and dragging tail is for the lot. --Kane Friesen

When you're in a car, you're watching a movie; when you're on a bike, you're in the movie. --Robert Pirsig

Identity theft is not Fun
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 08:16 PM

I got some F1-Rs a couple of years ago...

I like the way they sound, and they saved some weight too. I bought a DynoJet kit and rejetted the carbs, opened up the airbox some and it runs great.

I suppose any perceived power gains I have are related more to the jet kit than the exhaust, but before the jet kit, the slip-ons changed the way the bike ran substantially. I assume it's a tad faster than stock after being rejetted, but a jet kit alone can do that.

It sounds a lot better than my brother's VFR750 did with SuperTrapps. His was a loud, raspy obnoxious sound. Mine's much more mellow, but quite a bit louder than stock. V-4s don't sound anything like inline fours though.

I didn't have a choice of exhaust, as these were the only one's available for my bike, since there aren't a lot of them out there and it's so old.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2003, 08:18 PM

They're rebuildable

I forgot to mention that the cans come apart and are easily rebuildable i.e. you can replace worn-out or missing glass packing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode