For anyone who hates the "look" of an EX500 - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Smile For anyone who hates the "look" of an EX500

http://www.classicbikes.com/2003-april-paulo-ex500.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 11:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Wow That looks awsome.
Nice pic
Got any more?

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 01:24 PM

Outstanding photo. Someone has done a lovely piece of work. One could claim it was a fast trotting 4-pot 600, 750 or 1000 & many would have believed them.
My thanks for the photo.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Cool www.classicbikes.com

As a newbie, I bought my 2003 EX500, based on many months of reading posts by smarter, experienced folks like you! And as much as I love riding that bike, I always mourned the fact that it did not have quite the pizazz of its larger cousins, or even the cool full naked look. It sits in a sort of never-land in between, with its half fairing. At any rate (boy I'm long-winded tonight!), I wanted to find out what was available aftermarket to "pretty" it up. An internet search led me to speedbike.com, & I've been corresponding with a guy called Edgar, who races ex500s. It's really cool what he's done! Check out his site. The bike in the link I posted is the Brazilian champs bike - Edgar is trying to get the fairing into the US. His own bike is awesome too. But best of all, like all of you, Edgar loves what he does & is happy to share his learnings!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 03:38 PM
Dad

I really don't mind the looks at all. Some of the color schemes through the years were a little rough, but the bike looks good rolling down the road. I think you're being too critical.

Those things can RIP when you learn how to use it.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dad
I really don't mind the looks at all. Some of the color schemes through the years were a little rough, but the bike looks good rolling down the road. I think you're being too critical.

Those things can RIP when you learn how to use it.
This pretty much sums up my opinion...

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Chacun a son gout!

We all have our preferences! Like I said, I love riding the bike & can picture the day when I "retire" it to the track! But I find it nice to see what creativity can accomplish!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 06:33 PM
jrm

nice bike

That guy's EX is the best looking, most inspired example of the bike I have seen. Whereas most would say "Off to a 600cc I go", he has brought tech to the twin. Very nice. Almost makes me want to not sell my wife's EX. Almost...
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 07:04 PM

Wish my EX was that pretty.

Oh well, the R6 will have to hold the light.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 11:43 AM

Where is snigg? His bike could look that good!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode