Triumph question - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 11:12 AM Thread Starter

Triumph question

I'm looking into getting a new Triumph Daytona 600

just wondering if anyone knew how reliable Triumphs are?
Also any opinions on the bike are welcome!

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 01:05 PM

Just say "no"!!

Just kidding. Really I was.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2003, 08:11 PM

i have a triumph speed 4 (duh). and though i have had a few problems i would still recommend a triumph. I had an oil leak that came from the manafuactuar (i cannot spell), and was fixed for free by the dealer. (two year warranty that comes with the bike). Also i absolutly love the look of the daytona 600 and when i pay this bike off, i just might get that one. Search the triumph board for a question like this because i know it came up. Look under oil leaks or something... anyways.. i love my bike, though it's not the fastest bike out there it still has balls . i cant speak for the asian bikes about there service though. anyways i say get it, it's a sweet looking bike and you should have very little problems with it.. and if you do.. well for the first two years you get them fixed for... dun dun dunnnnn FREE. IMO nothing beats free

anyways just my

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Triumph_S4
i have a triumph speed 4 (duh). and though i have had a few problems i would still recommend a triumph. I had an oil leak that came from the manafuactuar (i cannot spell), and was fixed for free by the dealer. (two year warranty that comes with the bike). Also i absolutly love the look of the daytona 600 and when i pay this bike off, i just might get that one. Search the triumph board for a question like this because i know it came up. Look under oil leaks or something... anyways.. i love my bike, though it's not the fastest bike out there it still has balls . i cant speak for the asian bikes about there service though. anyways i say get it, it's a sweet looking bike and you should have very little problems with it.. and if you do.. well for the first two years you get them fixed for... dun dun dunnnnn FREE. IMO nothing beats free

anyways just my
So Triumph has a basic 2 year warranty? Did they offer you an extended warranty? If they did, what were the durations/costs? A two year, standard factory warranty is attractive. Aren't most new bikes a one year factory?
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2003, 10:40 AM

they offered an extended warranty, but i couldnt afford it and i dont remember the cost or duration, sorry.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-16-2003, 01:32 PM Thread Starter

the standard warranty is 2 years with unlimited miles.

Thanks for the input!
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-17-2003, 11:44 AM

Extended warranty is around $800 for 5 years unlimited miles...
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-18-2003, 08:58 PM

i have a speed four,

the only problem i've had with it since i bought the bike, is that the chain wears through my chair rub block, but that's mostly due to my suspension being set up wrong, the swingarm on my bike being set at such a steep angle,

that's really only a minor problem, the real problem, is that no one around here knows how to work on a triumph, if this was a japanese bike, and i had taken it to the other bike place here, i bet they would've fixed it the first try, but instead, i've had it replaced about 6 times, all at the cost of the dealer, but still,

if you have a respectable triumph dealer in your area, i say 100% go for it, if you've got dealers like where i live(a complete joke), then i'd say give it some thought,

and even though triumph_s4 said it's not the fastest bike out there, you're looking at the daytona 600, and that bike is just as fast as any of the japanese 600's, and looks better than a lot of them too,
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 09:10 AM

Have you sat on that thing? I tried it out at my dealer, and what a rack! One of the most uncomfortable riding postions I think I have been in.............no comments please!

I love my Sprint. Plenty of horsepower, great brakes, nice luggage, good looks, and so far only a couple of little nick picky things that needed some attention. Just my
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2003, 09:22 AM

i sat on it and it seemed to be the same riding position as my Speed 4, though the seat was hard.. but for such a killer bike, i'd make the sacrifice.. afterall, you can always get an aftermarket comfey seet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode