Sportbike World banner

Kawasaki realeases Bostrom

933 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Nero-1 
#1 ·
They decided not to race Superbike so they released Eric from his contract so that they won't stand in his way.

Check out www.amasuperbike.com

#2 ·
WHAT!?

That SUCKS!

Number one, I can't beleive Kawasaki is pulling out of AMA Superbike racing, especially since they've just now retired that old relic ZX-7 and can contest the 2004 season with the new ZX-10R. Secondly, I was really hoping to see how well E-Boz could do with some new, competitive machinery. It was amazing to see him ride his heart out on that old crock of a bike and still keep up, and many times beat, the competition on their newer, bigger bikes. He really worked hard for Kawasaki and deserved to see some payoff with what could have been a stellar 2004 year. Boo! to you Kawasaki.

So, now Kawasaki is going to contest the Supersport and Superstock classes? Who the hell cares about that? Nobody watches those classes.

#3 ·
I dont think we should blame Kawasaki they built the ZX10R to win races. But the AMA keeps changing the rules so there just waiting to watch the AMA Superbike and WSBK series to fall on their face. Eric Bostrom is probably one of the top ten riders out there right now and I hope he gets a great ride. Peace brothers!

#4 ·
Oh SHIT freken Kawasucki I can't believe this. I'm so MAD :finger:

I wanted to go to the Daytona 200 in 2004 to see Kawasaki in AMA Superbike and maybe win with the ZX-10R. This is very disappointing. I'm not looking to get a ZX-10R for sure :finger: them for being so stupid and letting Bostrom go. Why didn’t they keep him to race in Superstock and Supersport his much better then those guys they have now? Take him to SBK World Superbike of freken Moto GP or something.

Man I'm very disappointed they just been letting me down left and right. First they stop making the ZX-7R then now they pull out of the AMA Superbike :(

Man I love my bike but shit like this just pisses me off and makes me want to look at other companies to represent :(

I hope they know what they are doing :confused:

#6 ·
This really pisses me off. I'm not a stick and ball fan. The only "sport" I follow is MC racing. I think the AMA will be the place to be in '04. WSB is imploding and it's become almost as bad as nascar. AMA is the clear steppingstone to MotoGP. We have 4 Americans in the series now. I was sure EBoz would be there in 2005. I had hoped that Kawasaki would have there act together by then. Last year they were racing the Suzuki's for last place.

Here's where I'm pissed at kawasaki. They are getting killed in MotoGp. They have no factory presence in WSB. They got their heads handed to them in World super sport. They did well in AMA 750 supersport last year. But 600 supersport and superstock did not go well. I know my bike doesn't even resemble what is actually raced. But, don't make me feel bad for owning a Kawasaki. Look at the ZX10R. If they aren't going to race it I wish they wouldn't have made the damn thing so uncomfortable. the last 3 years or so all sportbikes have become so focused on the track they are less and less practical for the street.

Eric's situation sucks. He did an awsome job on an obviously older design. I thought the 10 would be his ticket to a championship.

Damn, Damn Damn. I may have to go buy a freaking Honda after this:finger:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.