the good, the bad, the ugly - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

the good, the bad, the ugly

well today i was traveling a back road when i came to this right turn.......i took it at 35 mpg i usually take it faster when i was in the curved my frint kinda wobbled and on the second one my peg and can hit....i encounter a low side...knee scraped and joe rocket textile scared as for my F3 it has seen better days...starts up though, i need a new font upper, both rear tails with the middle peice and license holder, new left peg, front brake handle, new tanks and my grips need to be changed, then i need to straighten out my tail and the wondscreen fairing mounts and blinkers. this will ram em in the ass in charges but hell who cares. btw the good part is im not seriously injured
sorry for the bitch session
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 05:44 PM

sorry to hear it, when you get it all hooked back up try to save most of the hard cornering for the track, baby steps man, its the only way to do it.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 05:47 PM Thread Starter

thanks buddy....i have learned my lesson....at least i didnt wreck by stunting i would have felt like crao

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 06:24 PM Thread Starter

well i think i have some bad news for my self again......when my font wheel is stright the handle bars aernt align with the wheel.i am almost sure that what is going on.....i guess i am screwed i probally need a new front end? what you guys think?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 09:09 PM

Sorry to hear that dude,, I hate to say it...but if you check my reply in this...which is your thread...I told ya so...

http://sbw.sportbikes.com/showthread...threadid=41338

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 09:36 PM Thread Starter

i definately agree with you hammer....i took the turn slower this time around and while in the turn the wheel wobbled twice
once....the peg hit a rose....twice i slammed hard and peg and can hit....i must have not had my weight into the inside of the turn and let off the gas that that happened i am probally wrong b/c i wrecked so....thus far i have found a nice little set on ebay on some of the plastics i need..i hope i win it b/c i want to put her back together.....what i mentioned earlier was that the wheel and bars dont line up...could a grip on one side possible moved during the crash do i only need to losen then adjust? it doesnt seem to affect the bike just you can tell its a bit off
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AudioSolstice
i definately agree with you hammer....i took the turn slower this time around and while in the turn the wheel wobbled twice
once....the peg hit a rose....twice i slammed hard and peg and can hit....i must have not had my weight into the inside of the turn and let off the gas that that happened i am probally wrong b/c i wrecked so....thus far i have found a nice little set on ebay on some of the plastics i need..i hope i win it b/c i want to put her back together.....what i mentioned earlier was that the wheel and bars dont line up...could a grip on one side possible moved during the crash do i only need to losen then adjust? it doesnt seem to affect the bike just you can tell its a bit off
Could be the bar got tweaked, or the forks could be tweaked, or bent, or the triple clamp could be bent, loosen the pinch bolts on the triple clamps..don't let the forks slide down, gently pump the forks up and down that should center them...If the bar is bent, then replace it...as for you wobble, that could have been caused by a couple of things..The point is...you crashed, IF you had been going the Proper speed, it prolly wouldn't have happened...My best advice, is to please slow down even more..It's not worth the pain, and the $$ it will cost ya in the long run....Mmmkay..?

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

yes indeed.....i will definately slow down.....thanks for the advice i will try on my lunch hour tomorow.....i guess somtimes people leanr things the hard way....myself one of them
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 09:30 AM Thread Starter

i fixed my fork problem..i just had to kick it back in place thats all.....i also just bought the rear tail part where the plate and turn sginals go with ither plastics i need for 80 bucks what a deal. now only thing i need are clutch, brake, left peg and i should be set...i can always get a new upper left cowl later on its only a cosmetic flaw in it
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 10:25 AM
Dad

Sorry to hear what happened. There was a lot to consider in your previous thread. No need to rehash.

A quick point on settling a tweeked front end. Loosen the axle pinch bolts on the side opposite the axle nut, too. It is the side that "floats" allowing the width to find its own unbound dimension. That will also be twisted out of parallel and can contribute to a tweeked front end or a small amount of binding. Even when just remounting a wheel, I always leave that side loose until the bike is off the stand and been bounced a few times to settle it. It assures there is no binding that might cause excess wear on the slider bushings or stiction in the suspension travel. Good luck.

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode