riding with your brights on... - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Lightbulb riding with your brights on...

how many of you ride around town with your brights on?

i've noticed ever since i've started doing that...i have less cagers "not seeing me" on my travels around town.

i have to take the freeway to and from work every day, and being in so cal means also splitting lanes most of the way.

i especially keep them on in neighborhoods where driveways are blocked by cages parked all along the street. of course i try to remember to turn them back to low when another vehicle is approaching from the other way.

it pisses some people off...but i'd rather deal with somebody , rather than "not seeing me" and turning in to me or some other grand maneuver.

it's amazing how many people look into their mirrors now, then move over nicely for me while there's traffic on the freeways. otherwise the cager's only check their mirrors "during" a lane change...usually while dialing or talking on the phone.

riding with my brights on has saved unnecessary defensive maneuvers many, many times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 02:57 PM

Yea i started doing that as well for the same reasons, but there isnt heavy traffic around here, but attention is sometimes a good thing.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 06:48 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Always ride with the bright's on during the day, but not at night. The last thing i want to do is blind a cager.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 07:30 PM

too much

My friend has a r1 with these bright as hell HID lights, it blinds the shit out of you on low, and he rides with them on high, I think its to much.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Tippmann
Always ride with the bright's on during the day, but not at night. The last thing i want to do is blind a cager.
me too

-=bmacd=-
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 07:43 PM
amn

hydro

i used to have them on my ex bike kawak 400 zzr once the police stopped me for having em 2 weeks later i had an accident at night later on the cager asked me where ur lights on?.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Yup....a good practice...

Old, Slow, but ...Smooth
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-05-2003, 10:47 PM

Quote:
werd.. I do the same thing
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 06:51 AM

I too ride with the brights on. All the time. I usually tend to forget to turn them down to low at night, but I get reminded when I get brighted back.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 06:52 PM

I used to ride with Hi-beams on but even that didn't deter cars from noticing or paying attention. What I do now is ride with the low beam and use an ACTIVE Hi-beam where I flash anyone who I see isn't paying attention to me. If you aren't paying attention to other vehicles around your person, then why aren't you? Sometimes it's better to be offensive than defensive when riding. An always on Hi-beam isn't gonna save you or make you more noticable to anyone. It seems to me that the only one's paying attention to hi-beams are other riders when they drive their cars. Better to flash someone and get their attention then be a hood ornament.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode