Sportbike World banner

Ok, now this looks interesting...

961 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  monkey 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Uh, didn't the Segways get recalled because they didn't balance when low on power? I'll keep my two-wheeled fun, thanks.

#5 ·
Since the early 50s I have been saying that they will come out with some sort of self-balancing m/c AND it will become the replacement of m/cs, even if we are against it such things can become compulsory, in that it will be caged for safety & other strange things. By mid-60s I felt we would be looking at the use of gyroscopes to keep a two wheel so called m/c upright while the driver/rider would be seated like a cage driver, feet to the front, half steering wheel, etc.

Well Bombardier are backed by a maze of money from the Cdn Govt. So they could come out with the first self-balanced two wheeled thing to replace m/cs ----- this could become compulsory.

Do not turn your nose on my thoughts for back in the mid-60s the State of CA forked out a maze of money for such a vehicle. It had a BSA 500 single mounted in front of the rear wheel, but behind the driver/rider & yes in a protective cage in a cage drivers position. Steering wheel in his hand only it turned the r/wheel & the powerplant. Thing is no one could ride the prototype (yet to be finished with f/glass) more then a few feet without the darn thing falling to one side or the other.

Forget the idea of a single wheel "thing" coming on the market in '25 with hydrogen fuel cells for they could come out with a 2-wheeled motorcycle in a cage with air bags & such. I hope this never comes about.

If you saw some of the dreams some of the jr. bureaucrates were dreaming up for safety here in B.C. Cdn in '70 you would have simply puked. A few bits would be crash bars front & back, 18 yrs or older to buy a m/c yet any 16 yr old could buy a muscle car, mudguards (what you call fenders) could not be any higher then the axles, an orange warning light to come on before the red stop light on one's bikes, for even then we could stop faster then cage drivers, full leathers & in those days it would have been leather only & no armor, a freak like full face helmet with just a slit to see out of, & so many more, but THE doozer was that the bikes would have to be fitted with seat belts------so one has to wonder about such people looking for a way to make themselves more important & more secure jobs in the Govt.

My eye is on something like the T-REX for an old fart such as myself even if it is only a summer thing under ideal m/c riding conditions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.