I recently had a bad experience with them in ordering my diablos... everything worked out but the transaction was just a little lengthy. I recieved this email this morning (along with thousands of others im sure) and just wanted to pass it on:
Message from the president of Discount Motorcycle Tire & Accessories (DMTA)
This last year at DMTA has been difficult for all of us. We realize
that we had some problems and made some mistakes and I would like to
let everyone know what we've done to correct the situation, and
perhaps get a second chance to earn your business.
In the last year we have:
* Moved to a new 40,000 sq ft facility to improve
warehousing, service, showroom, and shipping and receiving.
* Bought out one of the original business owners
* Installed a new phone system
* Researched, purchased, and developed new software
(more on this later)
* Segregated into different departments
* Designed and installed warehouse racks and areas
* Developed a bin locating system
* Integrated e-commerce, point-of-sale, accounting,
shipping, etc. into one software package
* Moved much of our server web hosting in house
* Changed ISP, and telephone service providers
* Picked up an Arctic Cat ATV and snowmobile franchise
* Upgraded our tire changing service dept into a full
light service facility
* Etc. etc. etc.
Unfortunately, we planned and planned, budgeted, hired staff, tried
to forecast, and still didn't anticipate the level of problems we
would have. Despite what some may think, we really are nice guys
(and ladies) here and we didn't intentionally get up one morning and
say 'let's really mess this person's order up hahaha'! Our managers
have been putting in 80+ hour weeks since January fixing these issues.
There are hundreds of processes and system peculiarities that we've
found, corrected, established and developed over this last year as
we've done everything to get back on track as quickly as possible. I
wouldn't waste anyone's time with this message at this point if I
didn't feel that we now have ALL the problems fixed. Period.
So, as a way of saying both thank you for your business and I'm sorry
if we messed up previously, I'm offering $10 off any new order ($100
or greater) to any customer receiving this email. This is good for
the month of November, 2003. You must call us to order for the $10
Thank you again for your patience and understanding as we've
successfully passed these hurdles to providing the best possible
prices and service in the industry.
Discount Motorcycle Tire & Accessories (DMTA)
5405 West 56th Ave
Arvada, CO 80002