Best Tire? - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-24-2003, 08:07 PM Thread Starter

Best Tire?

I need a new rear tire. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on which one to get. I will be doing some stunting, but also allot of cornering. What is a good tire that grips well, heats up quickly, has pretty good tread wear and is a good price. I have been looking at the M-1, any other suggestions?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-24-2003, 09:43 PM

cornering ehh?????
I went from the stocker D207's to the new 208's and my cornering confidence went up like 95%...swear to god!
My buddies always shot ahead of me like 1/4 mile after some twisties...but now the bike WANTS to be leaned over...best 170 bucks i've ever spent....
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-25-2003, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by akcbr
cornering ehh?????
I went from the stocker D207's to the new 208's and my cornering confidence went up like 95%...swear to god!
My buddies always shot ahead of me like 1/4 mile after some twisties...but now the bike WANTS to be leaned over...best 170 bucks i've ever spent....
And I just went from D208ZR's to M1's on the cbr, and my confidence shot way up, much better, but costs a bit more.

James.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-25-2003, 08:53 AM

I love the Sportec M1's, gonna try the Diablo's next. I don't think it matters much for stunting, but I'm no authority there.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-25-2003, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

Diablos or M1's?

I have heard good things about both, which is better? Any suggestions?
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2003, 12:04 PM

What Tyres

Chulero,
both the M1 and Diablo are simular in feel and handling I have used both a nd now run Diablo Corsa's on both my bikes and I can teel you the Diablos will last longer particularly the front in almost all situations, very stable good feel and progressive sliding at the limit before they let go.

Just my experiences could be because they are now the same company!

Safe Rides.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-26-2003, 08:43 PM

My buddies have tried every think out there and keep going back to the Bridgestone 010s, my favorite. I gone through about a zillion sets of the 010s and in my opinion for the price you can not beat them. They are the best priced serious sport tire out there.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 12:15 PM

I had the 207's on my F4i, but on my 929 I have 010's. I think the 010's stick better, but then again I have learned to ride the 929 a bit more aggressive than the 600. I trust em pretty good. Got my vote.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-28-2003, 08:08 PM Thread Starter

Is it ok to have 2 different types of tires on a bike? What effect will it have?
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 10-29-2003, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chulero
Is it ok to have 2 different types of tires on a bike? What effect will it have?
Tires have different shapes, profiles, and construction which are meant to provide even, stable handling. Mix and match tires and there's the posibility of creating an imbalance that you can feel and/or put you on your head. So as a general rule, you should not mix tires, and you *really* shouldn't mix brands.

Having said that, if you don't ride very hard, it probably doesn't matter much. You're not going fast enough on them to cause any troubles or create a situation where the imbalance would cause an accident.

But if you like to push the bike a little, then buy a matched set.

Scott
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode