Just curious????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 07:46 PM
Dad

Half-way between "pretty" and "very".

Keeping the "Hap" in "Happy Holidays"!

Regime change begins at home.

Blind patriotism is worse than no patriotism.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 07:50 PM

Fast F4i

More importantly, how fast are YOU on your F4i?

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 08:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
I'm sure you can find a SBW member from that area to find out for ya

Ps. love the avatar. I wish i had 10 terry tate's on team felcher.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Tippmann......It doesn't surprise me a bit you came through with the compliment on the TTT. I have to say right back at you with the Boondock avatar. I'm a huge fan of the movie and the concept....this is exactly what our society needs. It seems like everytime I go home from college I hear another story about vandalism or theft in MY neighborhood back home. I dream about the night that these punks try something as our crew roles in from a midnight run....just once can this please happen...lol. Then we'll see how funny it is to throw eggs or break windows, but anyways.....

I realize I could take the bike out and hold it open untill I see god, but I figured it would be easier and safer to just ask some experienced crazy's what I could expect out of my f4i here.

Last edited by bridomine99; 10-23-2003 at 06:15 AM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2003, 06:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to Tippmann Send a message via Yahoo to Tippmann
Yeah, everyone here loves the saints. Its the official movie of the off topic section.

Anyway, i know my yzf 600r will read 150 on the tack. And I think f4's are supposed to be a little faster. So that should give you a general idea.

Quote:
Originally posted by sidewaysducati
SWIPE THE CARD GRANDMA!!!
SWIPE THE GODDAMNED CARD!!!!
WARNING
If you are reading this then this warning is for you. Every word you read of this useless fine print is another second off your life. Don't you have other things to do? Is your life so empty that you honestly can't think of a better way to spend these moments? Or are you so impressed with authority that you give respect and credence to all who claim it? Do you read everything you're supposed to read? Do you think everything you're supposed to think? Buy what you're told you should want? Get out of your apartment. Meet a member of the opposite sex. Stop the excessive shopping and masturbation. Quit your job. Start a fight. Prove you're alive. If you don't claim your humanity you will become a statistic. You have been warned...... Tyler
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2003, 06:55 AM

Hey it's fast check out the Sport Rider test on a stock 01 F4i

http://www.sportrider.com/bikes/performance/

CBR600F4i ('01) 1/4 mile 10.75 @ 127.09 Top speed 157

I think the Top speed is tested 0-2 miles and not your redline in 6th gear

Your bike is a little faster with the slip on and pcIII
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2003, 07:04 AM

Re: How fast is my f4i??

Quote:
Originally posted by bridomine99
jardine slip on, pcIII, stock gears

Just curious????

A slip-on and a *well set up* PCIII should get you 4~5% more power. But know that just because you slap a Power Commander on a bike doesn't get you anything in and of itself. You need a good map and/or a tech that knows what he's doing. And since you obviously haven't dyno'd the bike (you'd give us the power output, right?), understand that you are throwing a map at your ride and hoping it sticks... I have seen bikes done with the same approach make more power with the PC *removed* than they did with it installed.

Not to mention that the real benefit of a device like a PC is better tractability from the motor and not necessarily peak ponies... And just because someone claims a given map for a PC gets you 5 more HP A) doesn't mean it's true and, B) on *his* bike, not yours... What gets perceived on the Butt~Dyno as "Awesome Top End Rush" can often be a hole in the midrange followed by normal performance. So you added a PC, maybe it's better, maybe it's worse. Have a pro set it up for you and dyno it so you know for sure..

Anyways - enough of the rant on Power Commanders...

Your top speed will be essentially unchanged, because that is dictated more by wind resistance than power output, and also somewhat because you haven't changed your gearing. The issue here is that wind resistance rises at the SQUARE of speed. So if your bike goes 160MPH on 100HP, it takes TEN THOUSAND (100 x 100) to reach 320. 100 times the output for twice the speed.

What you will gain is more acceleration, so it should take you less time to reach whatever your top speed is. And hopefully the map on your PC is a good one, so off~on throttle transitions and overall drivability are better than stock as well. Maybe that doesn't mean much to you, but what "better drivability" gets you is the ability to roll the power on sooner and more precicely than a competitor. If you can crack the throttle 20 feet earlier in a corner than your rival, that's an advantage he has no choice but to take back on the brakes at the end of the ensuing straight. *IF* he can do that, (you should have more or less equal brakes, right?), he's loading the front a lot more than you, and therefore is more likely to wash out the front end on corner entry.

If it sounds like this is stuff you can only really use at the racetrack.... Well... Yeah, somewhat. But a smoother motor is always more of a pleasure to ride, and a little more power is always appreciated. If you look at it from a street rider's perspective, engineering it for the most low/midrange gains gets you improvements you can use every time you pick the bike up off it's kickstand. The dyno might still say 105/45, but if you have more of that available to you sooner, then it's a *real* advantage, irregardless of what some Spec-Sheet-Racer says. Besides, a little noise just sounds so cool...

Having said that, you might now know why I generally try to tell folks to spend the $800 on a suspension rebuild instead of pipes and PCIIIs. That's where manufacturer's skimp the most, so that's where the most performance gain is to be had for your hard~earned. You don't even need to do a whole lot - Matching springs to each other and to your weight is the bulk of the battle.

Anyways - In one sentence - Your bike is probably no faster, but possibly a little quicker.

Scott
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2003, 09:29 AM

How Fast

Ur bike is only as fast as u are riding it
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-23-2003, 10:06 AM Thread Starter

Thx to everyone who helped answer my question and to the guys with the smart ass "it's as fast as you ride it" original material, watch out for TTT.

Last edited by bridomine99; 10-23-2003 at 10:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode