Insurance question - Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Insurance question

Hey, well I will be coming into some money some time in the near future, Diffently be more then enough to get just about any bike I want. Unfourtanly the money is comeing from a relatitive that has recently passed way. I going to set aside 4K for a bike, hopefully I will be able to get a good bike for under that, and the rest will be for gear. The MSF will be seperate. Anyway For the hell of it I as I was browsing cycle trader.com they offered free qutes for insurance. I'm 25, no tickets, 2 no fault accidents, progressive quoted me like this
Your 12 Month Progressive rate:

Paid in full: $181.00

Is that per year or per month? Its not quite clear. The bike I put in for a quote was a 00 r6 just for shits and giggles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 11:29 AM

Paid in full would be a year. I have progressive, Im 21 no tickets or accidents, $380 a year, but just for liability.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 03:51 PM

Progressive is not your best bet. Check out dairyland and a few others. State Farm Rocks if they will insure you.

James.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 04:39 PM

Wow, i'd be happy to get either one of those quotes when i get my bike..
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 08:42 PM

thats a good deal

statefarm is cheeper from what i hear but i have progressive and its 40 some bucks a month for the cheapest coverge possible
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-15-2003, 10:42 AM

I have heard many....more than many people say they were getting a great rate from Progressive, only to turn around and get the first bill and it be 1-2k more than what they were told online or over the phone. State Farm is the way to go, they ,may require insuring your car too....I pay 190yr for full coverage...well worth paying an extra $5.00 a month for a car and about 800 less a yr for a bike...I use to pay right around 1k with All State.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-22-2003, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Thanks Guys been a while since I check on this. But my truck is though state farme. This was just an online thing I tired for shits and giggles. But I will difently check with state farm when the time comes.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-23-2003, 05:12 AM

I agree with the endorsement of State Farm. I recently had a claim on my bike, and they handled it well. You do at least have to insure your vehicle with them as well. They actually had the sack to tell me they insure motorcycles as a "courtesy" for their existing customers, as they would rather not take them on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Sportbike Forum: Sportbike Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode